Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PSP availability

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:28:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all these
pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.

I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy, Circuit City,
Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night had
around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are supplies in
your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to sell on eBay?
lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.

It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a launch
like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's units.

All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US in the
short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the publishers to
step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that, won't that
be a self fulfilling prophecy?

It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I really
hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look at what
innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.

More about : psp availability

April 1, 2005 3:28:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:
> I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all these
> pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.
>
> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy, Circuit City,
> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night had
> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are supplies in
> your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to sell on eBay?
> lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.
>
> It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a launch
> like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's units.
>
> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
> What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US in the
> short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the publishers to
> step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that, won't that
> be a self fulfilling prophecy?
>
> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I really
> hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look at what
> innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.
>
>

I think it is selling fine. The big stores just order more. I bought
mine at Best Buy, on a whim. No preorder, nothing like that. The
specialty shops are selling out of them rapidly, but the big retail
stores ordered enough.

http://news.com.com/PSP+sales+good+but+not+great/2100-1...

--

Andrew
00 Daytona
00 Speed Triple
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:28:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:
> I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all
these
> pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, I believe that point about them overestimating the launch was
already covered in the numereous other PSP topics in this group. Do
you now need to create a brand new one to rub their noses it it again?

> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy,
Circuit City,
> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night
had
> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are
supplies in
> your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to sell on
eBay?
> lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.

I'm sure they can easily return their extra units without taking a hit
on eBay.

> It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a
launch
> like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's
units.

But the Jaguar wasn't a multi-purpose handheld.

> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was
expected.
> What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US
in the
> short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the
publishers to
> step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that,
won't that
> be a self fulfilling prophecy?

Not with Sony's name attached to it. If this was an Atari handheld,
maybe so...but I believe publishers will cut Sony some slack.

> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
really
> hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look
at what
> innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.

I think you're being way to harsh here. The PSP is still outselling
the DS weekly in Japan and altho the US PSP launch was not as
expectated, it doesn't mean it still wasn't a solid launch for a $250
device. Not a great launch, but not a poor one either.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:28:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all these
> pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.

Stores like EB Games and Game Stop did have tons of pre-orders.

> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy, Circuit
City,
> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night had
> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are supplies in
> your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to sell on eBay?
> lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.

It depends upon the area. My friends in some larger cities report that the
stores are/were sold out of them, whereas in most cities there seem to be
plenty in stock. But I also noticed that there were nearly twice as many
Nintendo DS units in stock...does that mean the DS is a failure too? And
personally I hope that those system hoarders who snatch everything up and
take it to eBay get stuck with unsold inventory so they'll think twice next
time.

> It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a launch
> like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's
units.

Not here it didn't. I finally bought a Jaguar when it came down to $50
about a year or two after it was released, and the boxes were covered with
dust. The salesman thought they were the same units they received on launch
day.

Let's say the U.S. demand for the PSP was 500,000 units. If Sony had only
shipped 250,000, everyone would be complaining about how they couldn't meet
the demand, how they are "intentionally" creating a shortage, yada yada
yada. But if Sony shipped 1,000,000, far more than the demand, then people
claim it was a failure because there are systems on the shelves. They can't
win either way.

I agree that the PSP is readily available, but "selling out" isn't my
criteria for a successful launch. After all, the Nintend Virtual Boy sold
out of its units on launch day at the local Wal-Mart...but they only had 5
units. The Xbox never sold out on its launch day, and neither did the
GameCube, and I wouldn't say that the Xbox wasn't successful, all things
considered. The local Target sold out of their PS2's in 2000, but they only
had 37 of them, whereas they received 70 PSP's last week. If they sold 38
PSP's, you would call it an "underwhelming" launch because they still have
32 in stock...even though that means they sold more PSP's than PS2's.

> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.

Numbers, please? We all know the PSP sold well in Japan and continues to do
well. I'm still waiting to see the U.S. numbers. Until then, I think it is
too early to call the launch a success or failure. All I can say is that
there are more PSP's in stock than I expected. Does this mean a greater
supply or less demand?

> What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US in the
> short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the publishers
to
> step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that, won't
that
> be a self fulfilling prophecy?

I don't think it means anything yet. There are more than enough games on the
way: Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto will likely sell systems to those who
are currently still on the fence. Sony won't abandon the PSP any time soon,
and I can't see that EA or other major publishers won't continue releasing
games for the short term...especially if it isn't that hard to port their PS
One/PS2 catalogs. A few smaller publishers might wait and see--if only
500,000 PSP's were sold, for example, there might not be a very big market
for hard-core shooters or Japanese RPG's...but you can always import them.

Keep in mind that we are 8 months away from Christmas. At least let the PSP
make it through one holiday season and see how well it sells before counting
it out.

> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
really
> hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look at
what
> innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.

Well, on this we can agree. Without competition, the technological
advancements in Nintendo's GameBoy line came along at a glacial pace. It
didn't even have a lit screen until the SP, over a decade after the Lynx and
GameGear and Turbo Express. If the "threat" of the PSP causes them to
re-think their next GameBoy, so much the better...although I personally
think the innovation of the DS' touch-sensitive screen/dual screen would
have come from Nintendo with or without the announcement of a PSP.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I'm in Louisiana, and the specialty stores here are sold out, but Walmart
had about 10 or so last I checked. I was in Florida visiting friends and was
in a Kmart and Ebgames, and both of those stores were sold out as of
yesterday.

RnR Lesnar


"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
>I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all these
>pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.
>
> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy, Circuit
> City, Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night
> had around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are
> supplies in your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to
> sell on eBay? lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.
>
> It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a launch
> like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's
> units.
>
> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
> What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US in the
> short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the publishers
> to step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that, won't
> that be a self fulfilling prophecy?
>
> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
> really hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just
> look at what innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.
>
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:37:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
news:1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

>> I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all
> these
>> pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.

> Yes, I believe that point about them overestimating the launch was
> already covered in the numereous other PSP topics in this group. Do
> you now need to create a brand new one to rub their noses it it again?

Actually, probably not. My bad. I'm being a jerk.

> Not with Sony's name attached to it. If this was an Atari handheld,
> maybe so...but I believe publishers will cut Sony some slack.

I actually wonder about that. There's a lot of history with handhelds.

>> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
> really
>> hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look
> at what
>> innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.
>
> I think you're being way to harsh here. The PSP is still outselling
> the DS weekly in Japan

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the US. There's been
lots of things that have sold well in Japan that didn't translate to US
support.

> and altho the US PSP launch was not as
> expectated, it doesn't mean it still wasn't a solid launch for a $250
> device. Not a great launch, but not a poor one either.

We'll have to see about that. Honestly, it seems to be going poorly
compared to what they expected. It's not hitting their projections, I'm
sure. As far as it going poorly holistically, perhaps not. The launch was
lackluster. We'll have to see where it goes from here, but those are my
concerns with it and why I'm waiting on getting one now. I have to see some
more support for it domestically and see Sony come around and quit acting
like Nintendo did with the N64. Kind of weird how they've come full circle.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:38:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> How are supplies in your area?

I haven't checked the major consumer electronics retailers (EBGames, Best
Buy) around here yet, but I have noticed that a local Meijer store had 9 or
so PSPs in stock as of Monday, and a Target store in Fishers had an ample
supply today as well.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:44:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
news:yI2dnTRTFv23BdDfRVn-3g@comcast.com...

>> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
>
> Numbers, please?

Granted.

> Does this mean a greater supply or less demand?

Considering that they delayed the launch in the UK to get the supply to the
US to hit the expected demand, I'd have to say that it is a case of less
demand than expected, obviously.

> Keep in mind that we are 8 months away from Christmas. At least let the
> PSP
> make it through one holiday season and see how well it sells before
> counting
> it out.

I'm not counting it out at all. I think it will be around at least at the
level that the Game Gear was.

> Well, on this we can agree. Without competition, the technological
> advancements in Nintendo's GameBoy line came along at a glacial pace. It
> didn't even have a lit screen until the SP, over a decade after the Lynx
> and
> GameGear and Turbo Express. If the "threat" of the PSP causes them to
> re-think their next GameBoy, so much the better...although I personally
> think the innovation of the DS' touch-sensitive screen/dual screen would
> have come from Nintendo with or without the announcement of a PSP.

I don't know. The DS seems "reactionary". I'm guessing there would have
been no DS if it wasn't for the PSP, especially since they are talking about
the next GameBoy already. I have to say that the media that the DS uses is
quite impressive, though.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:51:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:
> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy,
Circuit City,
> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night
had
> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are
supplies in

You should be careful with these generalizations. Did you actually
inquire at the counter if the units you saw were Value Packs for sale
or were they reserved for Bundles? I already posted this but apparently
a lot of people don't go to the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7000835&t...

It says Best Buy Online is SOLD OUT OF VALUE PACKS. If you go to
Circuit City Online, Walmart Online, Target Online, they all have
BUNDLES, NO VALUE PACKS LEFT. I also provided the link for Best Buy
Online Canada and their VALUE PACKS ARE SOLD OUT. Yes, there are plenty
of BUNDLES for sale, none that are under $350. Sony only controlled the
sale of the Launch Value Packs. It is up to the retailers if they
wanted to only sell Value Packs packaged in Bundles. Of course, a lot
of them chose to do that since there is more profit for them. Not only
that, the online Bundle sales aren't real specific about whether they
are in stock or not, and whether you may actually be placing a
pre-order for the next shipment. Try asking if those packages you see
behind cases are available by themselves as Value Packs or whether they
have to be sold as bundles. I don't see anybody advertising Value Packs
anymore which seems to indicate they are all gone.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:52:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Blig Merk wrote:

> You should be careful with these generalizations.

That's like Liberace telling Elton John to butch up.

> Try asking
> if those packages you see behind cases are available by themselves as
> Value Packs or whether they have to be sold as bundles.

Asking Fred to be logical, reasonable and non-biased is like, well, asking
the same of you. Peas in a pod.

-Z-
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:30:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all these
>pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.
>
>I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy, Circuit City,
>Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night had
>around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are supplies in
>your area? What about those dummies that bought extras to sell on eBay?
>lol. They are taking quite a hit on them.
>
>It seems as the availability is still quite high. I've not seen a launch
>like this since the Jaguar and at least it sold the majority of it's units.
>
>All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
>What do you think this will mean for games getting ported to the US in the
>short term? Is this under whelming launch going to cause the publishers to
>step back and wait and see how it pans out? If too many do that, won't that
>be a self fulfilling prophecy?
>
>It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I really
>hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just look at what
>innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.
>
>


LOL!! Its called 1 million units shipped sweetheart! How old are you anyways?
That last paragraph really shows your age with all this talk of wishing it
would really do well after talking smack about it. Don't worry it will demolish
the DS and in only four to six weeks.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:30:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:R3j3e.63264$le4.59315@fed1read04...

> LOL!! Its called 1 million units shipped sweetheart! How old are you
> anyways?
> That last paragraph really shows your age with all this talk of wishing it
> would really do well after talking smack about it. Don't worry it will
> demolish
> the DS and in only four to six weeks.

Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the DS? Who cares?
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:34:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>
>
>Fred Liken wrote:
>> I remember Mattinglyfan and Jojo clamoring on about how they had all
>these
>> pre-orders in and that the PSP was going to sell out, etc, etc, etc.
>
>Yes, I believe that point about them overestimating the launch was
>already covered in the numereous other PSP topics in this group. Do
>you now need to create a brand new one to rub their noses it it again?


No rub in my nose. I was only repeating what was said at the local game
stores. It has kicked total ass though and it would have been in short supply
if Sony had been true to form with less units then promised. My local EB's has
already gotten in two more shipments and this means Sony has already shipped
well over their initial one million launch units. Like I've been saying...you
guys can kick and scream all you want but it will never change the fact that
the PSP is and will kick major ass.
April 2, 2005 1:34:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> holleyrp@delanet.com says...



>My local EB's has
> already gotten in two more shipments and this means Sony has already shipped
> well over their initial one million launch units.

No it doesn't. Please explain the logic behind this statement.
Sony has said they haven't sold the whole 1,000,000 first run units as
of yesterday.


>Like I've been saying...you
> guys can kick and scream all you want but it will never change the fact that
> the PSP is and will kick major ass.
>

The PSP is cool. I dig it, I haven't played my Xbox in a week.

--

Andrew
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:34:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Andrew" <yogig@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3b5tkeF6huquhU1@individual.net...
> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>
>
>
>>My local EB's has
>> already gotten in two more shipments and this means Sony has already
>> shipped well over their initial one million launch units.
>
> No it doesn't. Please explain the logic behind this statement.
> Sony has said they haven't sold the whole 1,000,000 first run units as of
> yesterday.
>
>

They were supposed to sell 1,000,000 in 1 week? I am honestly asking this
question because I figured 300,000 in the first week would be a sweet launch
and 500,000 would be phenomenal. Once again, I don't know, how many DS's
went in the first week?
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:36:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <424db240$0$22413$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>news:yI2dnTRTFv23BdDfRVn-3g@comcast.com...
>
>>> All excuses aside, the PSP isn't selling nearly as well as was expected.
>>
>> Numbers, please?
>
>Granted.
>
>> Does this mean a greater supply or less demand?
>
>Considering that they delayed the launch in the UK to get the supply to the
>US to hit the expected demand, I'd have to say that it is a case of less
>demand than expected, obviously.
>
>> Keep in mind that we are 8 months away from Christmas. At least let the
>> PSP
>> make it through one holiday season and see how well it sells before
>> counting
>> it out.
>
>I'm not counting it out at all. I think it will be around at least at the
>level that the Game Gear was.

Well over the DS launch.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:37:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <Xns962B9F2FFEE51togusacomcastnet@216.196.97.136>,
togusa@nospamcomnet.cast says...
>
>Fred Liken wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
>
>> How are supplies in your area?
>
>I haven't checked the major consumer electronics retailers (EBGames, Best
>Buy) around here yet, but I have noticed that a local Meijer store had 9 or
>so PSPs in stock as of Monday, and a Target store in Fishers had an ample
>supply today as well.
>
>--
>Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA


Ask the clerks if these units are from the first shipment. I know my local
Best Buy has already recieved three shipments.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:56:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <3b5tkeF6huquhU1@individual.net>, yogig@nospam.hotmail.com says...
>
>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>
>
>
>>My local EB's has
>> already gotten in two more shipments and this means Sony has already
shipped
>> well over their initial one million launch units.
>
>No it doesn't. Please explain the logic behind this statement.
>Sony has said they haven't sold the whole 1,000,000 first run units as
>of yesterday.
>
Because some stores still have some of the initial stock I'm guessing. I'm
just telling you what my local EB's has received. I had a second unit in the
second shipment that came in on Tuesday(for my kids and with a dead pixel
too). When I was there yesterday they received ten more units.

>
>>Like I've been saying...you
>> guys can kick and scream all you want but it will never change the fact
that
>> the PSP is and will kick major ass.
>>
>
>The PSP is cool. I dig it, I haven't played my Xbox in a week.
>
>--
>
>Andrew
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:00:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <424dc1e6$0$22464$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:R3j3e.63264$le4.59315@fed1read04...
>
>> LOL!! Its called 1 million units shipped sweetheart! How old are you
>> anyways?
>> That last paragraph really shows your age with all this talk of wishing it
>> would really do well after talking smack about it. Don't worry it will
>> demolish
>> the DS and in only four to six weeks.
>
>Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the DS? Who cares?
>
>
Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the PSP? Not to mention
spouting it in the Playstation newsgroup. If you want to spout off about the
DS then do it in the Nintendo newsgroup where somebody gives two $hit$ about
it. Like I said its only a matter of weeks if not days. Get over it already
and move on.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:00:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Mvj3e.63277$le4.15009@fed1read04...

> Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the PSP?

How can I be a fanboy when I only am interested in the PSP over the DS to
begin with?

> Not to mention spouting it in the Playstation newsgroup.

This isn't the "Playstation" group, dumby; it's the Playstation-2 group.
This group isn't affiliated with the PSP.

> If you want to spout off about the DS then do it in the Nintendo newsgroup
> where somebody gives two $hit$ about it.

I don't care about the DS. Why do you have to be such a fanboy about
everything? Just shows your limited ability to think outside of your binary
terms.

> Like I said its only a matter of weeks if not days. Get over it already
> and move on.

Well, you've been horribly wrong so far, so pardon me if I don't jump in bed
with you and Mattinglyfan for your PSP love fest. :( 
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:31:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in
news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com:

The reasons for in-stock could be

1) Sony did the launch right and got enough stock out there
2) No one's interested in PSP
3) It's a bad time of year
4) The price is too high
5) There's been little/no advertising

It's probably a mix of some or all of those.


>
> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
> really hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just
> look at what innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.

Um - the DS is pretty underwhelming compared to the PSP so I don't see any
Ninty innovation due to the PSP (the GBE might though). The poorly
implemented touch screen games released for the DS so far are a
demonstration of that.

As for the non-touch screen games - well a) there aren't many (too few in
my opinion) and b) the ones there are may as well just be on the GBA.

toad.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:31:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
news:Xns962BB2507D03Dtoadtoadhallcom@207.69.189.191...

>> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
>> really hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just
>> look at what innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.
>
> Um - the DS is pretty underwhelming compared to the PSP

I agree. I didn't mean to say otherwise.

> so I don't see any
> Ninty innovation due to the PSP (the GBE might though). The poorly
> implemented touch screen games released for the DS so far are a
> demonstration of that.

Just because the games are poorly implemented doesn't make the touchscreen
gaming non-innovative.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:41:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:
> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:R3j3e.63264$le4.59315@fed1read04...
>
> > LOL!! Its called 1 million units shipped sweetheart! How old are
you
> > anyways?
> > That last paragraph really shows your age with all this talk of
wishing it
> > would really do well after talking smack about it. Don't worry it
will
> > demolish
> > the DS and in only four to six weeks.
>
> Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the DS? Who
cares?

He is unable to praise the PSP without putting down the DS at the same
time.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:45:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
> "Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns962BB2507D03Dtoadtoadhallcom@207.69.189.191...
> > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in
> > news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com:
> >
> > The reasons for in-stock could be
> >
> > 1) Sony did the launch right and got enough stock out there
> > 2) No one's interested in PSP
> > 3) It's a bad time of year
> > 4) The price is too high
> > 5) There's been little/no advertising
> >
> > It's probably a mix of some or all of those.
> >
> >
>
> I think #2 is way off but every other point you made is more than
valid.

Altho there are plenty of people not interested in the PSP (remember,
some folks just aren't into handhelds no matter what). But perhaps #2
and #4 have to be combined a bit?
New 2) No one's interested in the PSP at it's current price.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:21:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
news:1112445956.596751.169340@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
>> "Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns962BB2507D03Dtoadtoadhallcom@207.69.189.191...
>> > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in
>> > news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com:
>> >
>> > The reasons for in-stock could be
>> >
>> > 1) Sony did the launch right and got enough stock out there
>> > 2) No one's interested in PSP
>> > 3) It's a bad time of year
>> > 4) The price is too high
>> > 5) There's been little/no advertising
>> >
>> > It's probably a mix of some or all of those.
>> >
>> >
>>
>> I think #2 is way off but every other point you made is more than
> valid.
>
> Altho there are plenty of people not interested in the PSP (remember,
> some folks just aren't into handhelds no matter what). But perhaps #2
> and #4 have to be combined a bit?
> New 2) No one's interested in the PSP at it's current price.
>

I actually meant the usage of the words "no one" because 500,000 in a week
is hardly "no one". While I agree that there isn't great interest, I think
it has to do with all of the other reasons.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 6:54:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <PYqdnctP8aD3atDfRVn-tQ@comcast.com>,
Estoscacahuates@comcast.netdeeznuts says...
>
>
>"Andrew" <yogig@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:3b5tkeF6huquhU1@individual.net...
>> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>> In article <1112380537.335647.306510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>>> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
>>
>>
>>
>>>My local EB's has
>>> already gotten in two more shipments and this means Sony has already
>>> shipped well over their initial one million launch units.
>>
>> No it doesn't. Please explain the logic behind this statement.
>> Sony has said they haven't sold the whole 1,000,000 first run units as of
>> yesterday.
>>
>>
>
>They were supposed to sell 1,000,000 in 1 week? I am honestly asking this
>question because I figured 300,000 in the first week would be a sweet launch
>and 500,000 would be phenomenal. Once again, I don't know, how many DS's
>went in the first week?
>

I'm thinking around 600,000 but it might be more. Pretty much all the stores
I've been in a either sold out or close to it.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 6:59:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in
news:424d844a$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com:

> It just seems like the GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again. I
> really hope not, because the hand held market needs competition. Just
> look at what innovations the PSP spurred in the Nintendo DS.


All I know is that the games I've played so far are incredible,they blow
away any other handheld games. I would have no problem dumping my DS &
sticking with my PSP.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:04:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <424deae4$0$22455$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:Mvj3e.63277$le4.15009@fed1read04...
>
>> Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the PSP?
>
>How can I be a fanboy when I only am interested in the PSP over the DS to
>begin with?
>
>> Not to mention spouting it in the Playstation newsgroup.
>
>This isn't the "Playstation" group, dumby; it's the Playstation-2 group.
>This group isn't affiliated with the PSP.
>
LOL!!! Could have fooled me with all the PSP post. Wonder why there are so
many PSP post dummmy? I just love how you called me a dumby....it really shows
your age and education when an old mechanic can spell better than you. You
think it might be because there is no PSP group and that the PSP is really
just a portable PS2?

>> If you want to spout off about the DS then do it in the Nintendo newsgroup
>> where somebody gives two $hit$ about it.
>
>I don't care about the DS. Why do you have to be such a fanboy about
>everything? Just shows your limited ability to think outside of your binary
>terms.
>
You sure are spouting off about it alot for not caring about it. Do you even
realize what you have been posting for the last three weeks?

>> Like I said its only a matter of weeks if not days. Get over it already
>> and move on.
>
>Well, you've been horribly wrong so far, so pardon me if I don't jump in bed
>with you and Mattinglyfan for your PSP love fest. :( 
>
>

Uhhh...its you thats been horribly wrong. I realize that you conservatives
have selective memory but this is just too funny. Just four weeks ago you were
spouting off that the DS would beat the PSP in Japan and then just four days
later the PSP started whooping its ass.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:04:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:rwy3e.65742$le4.44311@fed1read04...
> In article <424deae4$0$22455$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>

>>
>>Well, you've been horribly wrong so far, so pardon me if I don't jump in
>>bed
>>with you and Mattinglyfan for your PSP love fest. :( 
>>

You wouldn't be welcomed. I much rather you keep spouting garbage until the
numbers make you look like a dumb ass.

>>
>
> Uhhh...its you thats been horribly wrong. I realize that you conservatives
> have selective memory but this is just too funny. Just four weeks ago you
> were
> spouting off that the DS would beat the PSP in Japan and then just four
> days
> later the PSP started whooping its ass.
>
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 9:00:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
news:SM6dnbdscPCgSNPfRVn-2g@comcast.com...
>
> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:rwy3e.65742$le4.44311@fed1read04...
>> In article <424deae4$0$22455$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>>>
>
>>>
>>>Well, you've been horribly wrong so far, so pardon me if I don't jump in
>>>bed
>>>with you and Mattinglyfan for your PSP love fest. :( 
>>>
>
> You wouldn't be welcomed. I much rather you keep spouting garbage until
> the numbers make you look like 'an even bigger dumb ass than you already
> are'.

don't thank me
April 3, 2005 5:37:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I was in three different stores yesterday and they ALL had plenty (more than
10) VALUE PACKS ($250 with Spiderman 2 movie, memory card, etc.)


"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112406662.852989.49590@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Fred Liken wrote:
>> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy,
> Circuit City,
>> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night
> had
>> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are
> supplies in
>
> You should be careful with these generalizations. Did you actually
> inquire at the counter if the units you saw were Value Packs for sale
> or were they reserved for Bundles? I already posted this but apparently
> a lot of people don't go to the link:
>
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7000835&t...
>
> It says Best Buy Online is SOLD OUT OF VALUE PACKS. If you go to
> Circuit City Online, Walmart Online, Target Online, they all have
> BUNDLES, NO VALUE PACKS LEFT. I also provided the link for Best Buy
> Online Canada and their VALUE PACKS ARE SOLD OUT. Yes, there are plenty
> of BUNDLES for sale, none that are under $350. Sony only controlled the
> sale of the Launch Value Packs. It is up to the retailers if they
> wanted to only sell Value Packs packaged in Bundles. Of course, a lot
> of them chose to do that since there is more profit for them. Not only
> that, the online Bundle sales aren't real specific about whether they
> are in stock or not, and whether you may actually be placing a
> pre-order for the next shipment. Try asking if those packages you see
> behind cases are available by themselves as Value Packs or whether they
> have to be sold as bundles. I don't see anybody advertising Value Packs
> anymore which seems to indicate they are all gone.
>
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:02:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"WJM" <wjmuldowney@NOearthlinkSPAM.net> wrote in message
news:7kS3e.11274$z.7707@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>I was in three different stores yesterday and they ALL had plenty (more
>than 10) VALUE PACKS ($250 with Spiderman 2 movie, memory card, etc.)


No one in my area still has the value pack with Spiderman 2
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:45:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Robert P Holley:

> The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan

http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
March 21 - March 27, 2005
DS 55,825
PSP 43,043
--
Mac Cool
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 7:00:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
news:Xns962DE77BA8CC0MacCool@130.133.1.4...
> Robert P Holley:
>
> > The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan
>
> http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
> March 21 - March 27, 2005
> DS 55,825
> PSP 43,043

Only because Nintendo released new colors. Gamers buy games, idiots buy the
same handheld again just because its a different color.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:06:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Mac Cool wrote:
> Robert P Holley:
>
>
>>The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan
>
>
> http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
> March 21 - March 27, 2005
> DS 55,825
> PSP 43,043


Please, there will be no facts in this newsgroup!
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 12:43:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Smart Feet wrote:
> Mac Cool wrote:
> > Robert P Holley:
> >
> >
> >>The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan
> >
> >
> > http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
> > March 21 - March 27, 2005
> > DS 55,825
> > PSP 43,043
>
>
> Please, there will be no facts in this newsgroup!

Let me re-phrase my statement. Until this past week, the PSP was
outselling the DS weekly in Japan since it's launch.

Regardless, my point still stands and that is this...the PSP is popular
in Japan and selling as well or better than the DS. My whole comment
was in response to Fred's "[The PSP] just seems like the
GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again"
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 7:33:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <2524e.13881$S46.9086@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>
>"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
>news:Xns962DE77BA8CC0MacCool@130.133.1.4...
>> Robert P Holley:
>>
>> > The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan
>>
>> http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
>> March 21 - March 27, 2005
>> DS 55,825
>> PSP 43,043
>
>Only because Nintendo released new colors. Gamers buy games, idiots buy the
>same handheld again just because its a different color.
>
>
I predict the PSP will return to the top spot after 1 or 2 weeks at the most.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 7:47:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <4251bc92$0$22426$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
> >
> >"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
message
> >news:3ImdnRkXr7ckSdPfRVn-tw@comcast.com...
> >
> >> While I agree that there isn't great interest, I think
> >> it has to do with all of the other reasons.
> >
> >Kick ass! Mattinglyfan finally accepted what I told him before the
launch.
> >Took a lot of squirming, but he came around. Good for you!
> >
> >
> Just wait for the numbers sweetheart before getting your panties in a
wad.

As opposed to you who got their panties in a wad before the thing
launched.

Seriously, you're about the last person who should be instructing
others to take a wait-and-see approach.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:17:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
news:3ImdnRkXr7ckSdPfRVn-tw@comcast.com...

> While I agree that there isn't great interest, I think
> it has to do with all of the other reasons.

Kick ass! Mattinglyfan finally accepted what I told him before the launch.
Took a lot of squirming, but he came around. Good for you!
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112406662.852989.49590@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> Fred Liken wrote:
>> I've visited some local stores in the last two days, Best Buy,
> Circuit City,
>> Target, Walmart, etc, and they have tons of PSPs. Target last night
> had
>> around 60 in the case from what I could see to count. How are
> supplies in
>
> You should be careful with these generalizations.

.... more excuses...

> Did you actually
> inquire at the counter if the units you saw were Value Packs for sale
> or were they reserved for Bundles?

Are they PSP's for sale? Oops... yes. Yes, they are PSP's for sale.
Around 60 of them.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:22:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
news:1112445683.138898.178320@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> Fred Liken wrote:
>> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:R3j3e.63264$le4.59315@fed1read04...
>>
>> > LOL!! Its called 1 million units shipped sweetheart! How old are
> you
>> > anyways?
>> > That last paragraph really shows your age with all this talk of
> wishing it
>> > would really do well after talking smack about it. Don't worry it
> will
>> > demolish
>> > the DS and in only four to six weeks.
>>
>> Why do you constantly spout your fanboy stuff about the DS? Who
> cares?
>
> He is unable to praise the PSP without putting down the DS at the same
> time.

I noticed. So tainted with fanboyism.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:26:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:rwy3e.65742$le4.44311@fed1read04...

>>> Not to mention spouting it in the Playstation newsgroup.
>>
>>This isn't the "Playstation" group, dumby; it's the Playstation-2 group.
>>This group isn't affiliated with the PSP.
>>
> LOL!!! Could have fooled me with all the PSP post.

Obviously, you were fooled.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:26:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:gyy3e.65743$le4.33266@fed1read04...

> You think it might be because thats what it competes with?

When no one brings it up? lol. You're not fooling anyone, fanboy.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:27:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 2okpe$phg$1@news.datasync.com...

> I'd bet that if you can afford $400 for a portable, there's a good chance
> you're not a loser.

Oh, you'd be so wrong... Soooooo wrong.....
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:29:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2524e.13881$S46.9086@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

> Only because Nintendo released new colors. Gamers buy games, idiots buy
> the
> same handheld again just because its a different color.

excuses
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:29:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
news:1112629425.188923.191270@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
> Smart Feet wrote:
>> Mac Cool wrote:
>> > Robert P Holley:
>> >
>> >
>> >>The PSP is still outselling the DS weekly in Japan
>> >
>> >
>> > http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
>> > March 21 - March 27, 2005
>> > DS 55,825
>> > PSP 43,043
>>
>>
>> Please, there will be no facts in this newsgroup!
>
> Let me re-phrase my statement. Until this past week, the PSP was
> outselling the DS weekly in Japan since it's launch.
>
> Regardless, my point still stands and that is this...the PSP is popular
> in Japan and selling as well or better than the DS. My whole comment
> was in response to Fred's "[The PSP] just seems like the
> GameGear/Lynx/Turbo Express all over again"

Well, at least in this respect, the express was the NEC, and those had
Japan's support.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 10:14:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:4251becb$0$22410$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 2okpe$phg$1@news.datasync.com...
>
>> I'd bet that if you can afford $400 for a portable, there's a good chance
>> you're not a loser.
>
> Oh, you'd be so wrong... Soooooo wrong.....

There's a difference between people who buy them who "can" afford them, and
people who "can't" afford them but buy them anyway. :) 

RnR Lesnar
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 10:57:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 2shpg$vua$1@news.datasync.com...
>
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> news:4251becb$0$22410$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
>> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 2okpe$phg$1@news.datasync.com...
>>
>>> I'd bet that if you can afford $400 for a portable, there's a good
>>> chance you're not a loser.
>>
>> Oh, you'd be so wrong... Soooooo wrong.....
>
> There's a difference between people who buy them who "can" afford them,
> and people who "can't" afford them but buy them anyway. :) 

Sure, but I'm talking about afford.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:18:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:4251d3d5$0$22452$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 2shpg$vua$1@news.datasync.com...
>>
>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
>> news:4251becb$0$22410$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
>>> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D 2okpe$phg$1@news.datasync.com...
>>>
>>>> I'd bet that if you can afford $400 for a portable, there's a good
>>>> chance you're not a loser.
>>>
>>> Oh, you'd be so wrong... Soooooo wrong.....
>>
>> There's a difference between people who buy them who "can" afford them,
>> and people who "can't" afford them but buy them anyway. :) 
>
> Sure, but I'm talking about afford.

Anway, point is buying a PSP doesn't make you a loser like the original
poster incinuated, and if you can afford them, chances are you're not a
loser.

RnR Lesnar
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:33:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <4251bf4b$0$22428$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:2524e.13881$S46.9086@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
>> Only because Nintendo released new colors. Gamers buy games, idiots buy
>> the
>> same handheld again just because its a different color.
>
>excuses
>
>
Whats going to be yours when the PSP starts to kick its ass again in the next
couple of weeks?
!