Sign in with
Your question

P8Z77-V-Deluxe

Last response: in Motherboards
January 4, 2013 1:01:44 AM

I have a "Hot Swap Bay" that I installed on my new build, my motherboard is the Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe and the "Hot Swap Bay" is connected through the SATA6G_2 port. I use a WD 1TB HD in this bay.
How do I make this bay a true hot swap in the bios so I can plug my HD in and eject it with out having to shut down my PC?

Thanks for your help

More about : p8z77 deluxe

a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
January 4, 2013 1:25:30 AM

pm8546 said:
I have a "Hot Swap Bay" that I installed on my new build, my motherboard is the Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe and the "Hot Swap Bay" is connected through the SATA6G_2 port. I use a WD 1TB HD in this bay.
How do I make this bay a true hot swap in the bios so I can plug my HD in and eject it with out having to shut down my PC?

Thanks for your help

in the asus bios under sata ports it have a line that says sata port xxxx hotswap..it be a gray button that click it will go from off/disabled to on/enabled.
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:01:17 PM

Thank you but I have tried that and it is changed to ENABLED but still no luck.

My Drive Letter for this WD Blue 1TB drive is Z not sure if this would make any difference or not
m
l
Related resources
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
January 4, 2013 5:01:04 PM

make sure you turned on hot swap on the right port. there two 6g chipset ports the intel ones and 3 party chipset. the 3 party chipset may not have hotswap.
m
l
January 4, 2013 6:37:28 PM

I did check and I have my WD HD plugged into the (Gray) Intel Z77 Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s #1 Conector and My Crucial SSD is plugged into # 2.
Still no luck.........
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:58:09 AM

Still trying to fiquer this out, no luck on the ASUS site either not even an attempt from the MOD's hmmmmmmmmmm......
m
l
January 14, 2013 12:03:16 AM

I have this same board and am curious what all to install with the support disc and asus software right now I just did the drivers. I don't wanna bog it down with stuff I really don't need. This is my first build so kinda clueless.
m
l
January 14, 2013 1:21:28 AM

Go through all of the programs that are available off the disk and read in detail if you will need the software. If you find out later that you need something just go back and install it off the install disk. It can become overwhelming at times to say the least.
m
l
!