tcedwards92

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello
After weeks of considering what computer to buy, i finally decided to build my own computer, if cost out weigh the time, so im currently doing alot of research, and i was wondering how big is an ATX case? I was told most prebuilts today are MircoATX, but when i look on newegg at cases, the majority are ATX cases? I just want a small case but i realize the smaller the case the less i can do, so what is a good solid size case? and also any suggestions while im here on cases?

atx motherboard are 12 by 9.6 inches
micro atx are 9.6 by 9.6
when you go to a smaller motherboard you will loose some ports meaning you will not get as many as on the regular atx board

if you are building a budget oriented pc micro atx will do fine, if you want expensive dual graphics and all the good stuff i'd go with an atx

yep, alvine is correct, more expansion on a ATX, i mean its still possible with the high end Micro Atx boards to do 2 way SLI/Crossfire but thats about it. I have used the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer for a year or so and it was a excellent build case. it supports ATX, MIcro ATX. You can always get a ATX size case and a mATX Motherboard, i recommend it infact because you have so much space for cable management and just in general room for everything to breath