G

I am stuck as of right now.
Should I go with the ...

Platinum 5.1
X-Gamer 5.1
or
Philips Acustic(sp) Edge

The Edge and X-Gamer 5.1 are mainly the same price.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/AcousticEdge/AcousticEdge.html" target="_new">http://3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/AcousticEdge/AcousticEdge.html</A>

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Platinum has everything you need now and in the future it will give you some more with drivers updates. I just got mine in from Creative's online store, will tell you how is it, will compare to my MX300 (which will not have any support in a year or so, but whot cares now, right :O)
... hehe

K7 + KT7 + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm sorry, I must be going blind. Did you say Creative Labs will give future driver update?
You kidding right?
Liveware3 has been out for a year and a half now and they have only released drivers once in the last six months and that's only because they were forced to because a new operating system came out.
You can get a SBLive card but what is in the box is all you are going to get so make sure you are happy with it.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I dont like you any more :eek:> you were right about Creative.

I am upset with creative for a long time now, that card does not come close to MX300, I dont care what any of the reviews or "benchmarks" say. I have my own experience with both now, MX300 rules is all I can say, I'll just keep Live! for edditing purposes, as it has whole buncha digital stuff, other than that, I feel sorry for $220 bucks that I spent on it... heh

K7 + KT7 + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The last Acustic Edge test I read put it right up there with the Vortex 2. It's nice to know that someone is out there still competing with Creative in the high-quality segment.

Suicide is painless...........