Canon 350 XT jpeg's downloaded to PC & burned to CD corrup..

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 28, 2005 12:14:50 AM

A friend has a new 350 XT, after burning jpeg's downloaded to PC from
the camera, the images are corrupted, the first band is correct color
and information, then there are bands (horizontal) that have a color
shift and the information of the image is shifted to the right, etc.

The original images downloaded to the PC when viewed with Windows
Picture and Fax Viewer are ok, but the same images burned to CD
exhibit the above corruption, when viewed with Windows Picture and Fax
Viewer.

Does anyone here know what the problem might be?
April 28, 2005 12:14:51 AM

In article <7vrv6151511l7jva5j952ak42ck4q7728n@4ax.com>, eyeb1@hotmail.com
says...
> A friend has a new 350 XT, after burning jpeg's downloaded to PC from
> the camera, the images are corrupted, the first band is correct color
> and information, then there are bands (horizontal) that have a color
> shift and the information of the image is shifted to the right, etc.
>
> The original images downloaded to the PC when viewed with Windows
> Picture and Fax Viewer are ok, but the same images burned to CD
> exhibit the above corruption, when viewed with Windows Picture and Fax
> Viewer.
>
> Does anyone here know what the problem might be?

Offhand, it could be any one of a number of things starting with:

Is the computer multi-tasking while burning?? if so DONT.

Could be media not suitable for the burner.

Could be Burner not working in DMA mode.

Could be bad burner.

Those would be the four most likely reasons.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

thank you for the ideas but none would seem to apply ..

no multitasking going on .. actually burned at slower speed than drive
and media capable of ..

have used this media on same burner for other tasks with no
difficulties ..

burner confirmed to be in DMA mode ..

burner is a quit new .. Plextor DVDR PX-716A that has not had any
other problems burning ..
April 28, 2005 4:03:02 AM

In article <ah90719fbsjnqlpcr0h1sjd1omqn0ktf43@4ax.com>, eyeb1@hotmail.com
says...
> thank you for the ideas but none would seem to apply ..
>
> no multitasking going on .. actually burned at slower speed than drive
> and media capable of ..
>
> have used this media on same burner for other tasks with no
> difficulties ..
>
> burner confirmed to be in DMA mode ..
>
> burner is a quit new .. Plextor DVDR PX-716A that has not had any
> other problems burning ..

If the photos are not corrupted on the hard disk, then its not a photo
problem.

The photos are just data to the computer and to the burner.

You didn't try to burn a "photo cd" did you..??

Under most circumstances, that would NOT be what you want to do. "Photo
CCD" is a special format (for the pictures) and in general you just want to
burn a data cd containing jpg files.

Im outa' ideas, other than to say, I've never had the problem myself.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.