Sign in with
Your question

1500$ All purpose build

Last response: in Systems
November 26, 2011 9:22:06 PM

o Hai guys and gals ToKiiNz here wanting to ask you how this 1500$ build sounds and is it future proof i will be adding another HD when the pricce goes down and adding another ssd when i get some games i will be over clocking my cpu up to about 4GHz i will be doing video rendering and editing and some gaming :D  :D  so at a later time i will upgrade to a i7 but don't have the money now PS i hope the ivy bridges use LGA 1155 :D 
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D 280$
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 200$
Intel Core i5-2500K 215$
Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB 50$
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 150$
EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 250$
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 160$
LG Black BD drive 70$
SAMSUNG 830 Series 64gb SSD 130$
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 13$
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus 25$

More about : 1500 purpose build

November 26, 2011 10:34:22 PM

ToKiiNz said:
o Hai guys and gals ToKiiNz here wanting to ask you how this 1500$ build sounds and is it future proof i will be adding another HD when the pricce goes down and adding another ssd when i get some games i will be over clocking my cpu up to about 4GHz i will be doing video rendering and editing and some gaming :D  :D  so at a later time i will upgrade to a i7 but don't have the money now PS i hope the ivy bridges use LGA 1155 :D 
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D 280$
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 200$
Intel Core i5-2500K 215$
Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB 50$
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 150$
EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 250$
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 160$
LG Black BD drive 70$
SAMSUNG 830 Series 64gb SSD 130$
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 13$
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus 25$

Looks alright, but I would do some things different. Do you really need Blu-Ray? Or would a regular DVD player work? Oh and btw intel said Ivy Bridge will run on 1155, and if i'm not mistaking most likely on the Z68 chipset. Now back on task. Do you have an old desktop you could strip a HDD from? That would save you some nice bones. Here is what I would recommend if you can't strip anything from an old desktop.

Great system. I downgraded your case, because unless you are watercooling you don't want to pay for an 800d. I changed your motherboard to one that supports PCIE 3.0 if you get IVY Bridge. I also upgraded your GPU. I did downgrade to a dvd player though.
Possible upgrades.
Blu-Ray Burner if needed.
Nicer SSD. (bigger)
i7

I don't think you'll need an i7. Most people don't unless they do tons and tons of video editing. The only advantage really over the i5 is Hyper threading. It has a little more l3 cache too, but that's about it.

Good Luck!

m
l
November 27, 2011 2:16:21 AM

Thank you for you support i will be upgrading to get another 560 PS that 560 has a lifetime warenty and the 800d has great cable management, looks sexy, will last awhile, did i say you can put so much water cooling in that thing and i picked the sabertooth because it is a great mobo and ii will be doing video editing , GOTTA get my Agony on xD all also said i will be buying another ssd that one is for bootup, i have a crappy dell laptop that is lk 4yrs old and blue ray is a must because then i can backup my ps3 games without needing to jailbreak a ps3 and i will choose a mobo that does pci 3.0 and my friends gtx 460 handles 1080p video editing so i 560 will do fine and i hate cooler master cases they have small cutouts cpu coolers if am not mistaken the 800d is a full tower while the one you choose is a mid thanks for the opinion tho Baii :D 
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2011 5:10:21 AM

The next generation GTX 560 Ti's are coming out in a few days, so wait for that.

I cannot see how you can justify an 800D without jumping straight into watercooling. "Mid" and "Full" is a blurry line. The HAF 922 is bigger than many so-called "Full" tower cases.

For the sake of future-proof, the ASUS Sabertooth P67 mobo falls behind Gen3 mobos from ASRock, ASUS, and MSI.
m
l
November 27, 2011 11:44:45 AM

ToKiiNz said:
Thank you for you support i will be upgrading to get another 560 PS that 560 has a lifetime warenty and the 800d has great cable management, looks sexy, will last awhile, did i say you can put so much water cooling in that thing and i picked the sabertooth because it is a great mobo and ii will be doing video editing , GOTTA get my Agony on xD all also said i will be buying another ssd that one is for bootup, i have a crappy dell laptop that is lk 4yrs old and blue ray is a must because then i can backup my ps3 games without needing to jailbreak a ps3 and i will choose a mobo that does pci 3.0 and my friends gtx 460 handles 1080p video editing so i 560 will do fine and i hate cooler master cases they have small cutouts cpu coolers if am not mistaken the 800d is a full tower while the one you choose is a mid thanks for the opinion tho Baii :D 

As in you are immediately SLI'ing? or in the future? Here is a much more powerful card with the exact same warranty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The 800d is not for this build. Get it if you really feel like you need it, but that is silly. That is fine with blu-ray just making sure you needed it. The one you choose isnt pcie compatible. The one I posted is.
m
l
November 27, 2011 9:53:57 PM

Oh and didn't you have a thread for choosing a pc case. And they mentioned the HAF series. Those are great cases at a more acceptable price.
m
l
!