Your question

Help with new build nothing on screen

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • New Build
Last response: in Motherboards
January 4, 2013 1:46:40 AM

Hi everyone, i recently put together a build and i am having an unusual problem. First off, here are the specs, each item is brand new from microcenter.

Diablotek 500 watt PSU
AMD 8320 CPU
ASRock 970 Extreme 3
8GB 1333 mhz
3x 4gb 1600 mhz
Geforce 210 Video card

So i got everything running, updated bios to latest version and it said success. It booted and i went to my computer and noticed it only said 16 gb ram (12 usable).... so i turned off the computer and checked to see if maybe a ram chip wasn't seated properly... and i was right. So i then started the computer and nothing showed up on the screen. The fans on the CPU work, lights on case work, everything seems fine except nothing on the monitor, no bios info or anything, it just shows no signal.

I changed the monitor to see if maybe that was the issue but nope... any idea?

More about : build screen

January 4, 2013 1:49:12 AM

UPDATE: I just pushed the power again and it showed the start up bios for a second, then went back to no signal and jumped back to boot.... is this a video card or mobo issue? FARK, this is not something i expected to deal with.
m
l
January 10, 2013 3:32:45 AM

Any help?

I noticed today when i installed a light inside the case it did the same thing... the computer booted but there was no video coming to the monitor. I am going to assume its my PSU?

I have a 500 watt diablotek....

Current hardware installed:
Wireless card
Geforce 210
CPU Fan Controller LCD
120mm Fan
CPU fan
HDD
3x Kingston Red 4GB 1600 DDR3
1x IPSC 8GB 1333 DDR3

Is it possible that the PSU is overwhelmed and not giving enough power to the video card for it to not produce the video?
m
l
Related resources
a c 559 V Motherboard
January 10, 2013 4:26:12 AM

Have you tried starting with only one RAM stick installed?
m
l
January 10, 2013 5:12:43 AM

alexoiu said:
Have you tried starting with only one RAM stick installed?

no, but how will that make a difference?
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
January 10, 2013 7:11:38 AM

It might be a memory issue. Power off, remove all sticks but one and power on.
m
l
!