About asrock z77 extreme 4

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
in this motherboard there're 4 blue sata ports and 4 black ports, i have some questions

1) For my ssd can i plug it into any of the blue ports?? and what are the difference between them?? cause I don't really understand what is being meant by the website. if it's different,which one should i plug it in for better performance?

"- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by Intel® Z77, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions (SATA3_A1 connector is shared with eSATA3 port)"

2) Will I get performance boost if a 7200 RPM disc is plugged into SATA3 6Gb/s??

PS: will v6gt from cooler master fit in this board?

thanks

tech_twist

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

1) For your SSD i dont think its an External SSD right? If you'll want to get performance for your SSD you plug it into the SATA_0 on your motherboard and install the Windows on it and programs you often use for performance. You may also check the Manual from your motherboard.

2) Not sure didnt notice, but my Seagate was plugged into one of the SATA3 6GB/s port. Since im using the same Motherboard.

3) yes it will fit since it supports 1155, but not sure with the RAM clearance. Mine was a Noctua NH-D14 Cooler and my G.Skill Ripjaws still has clearance between the HSF and the RAMS.