Your question

BootCamp for Marine Core. Please Read.

Tags:
  • Core
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
April 11, 2010 10:34:24 AM

I've been a member for the past month and a half and all I can say is WOW this site is a great place! I just wanted to *update* everyone on here aka: members/moderators/ect that I will be gone at least 14 weeks in San Diego, CA for Marines BootCamp and can't wait to get back to Boise, ID and sign in on TomsHardware once agian. Thank you everyone on here for helping my problems and so many others. I leave the 12th so I'm going to try to get a few more post in here.

Thanks everyone!

More about : bootcamp marine core read

April 11, 2010 6:16:44 PM

NO, thank you!

I have great appreciation for those who risk their lives in service for our country. There are many in our country that disagree with the decisions from the top, on how our forces are used. But just know that you as soldiers, have our respect, love, and support.

Take care of yourself!
April 11, 2010 8:12:48 PM

^ Amen. +1 Well said. I don't necessarily agree with what has happened with the "wars" however, I do respect the soldiers who fight for our safety.
Related resources
April 11, 2010 8:29:58 PM

As others already said, Thank You! Stay safe and we'll look forward to having you back.
April 11, 2010 10:54:07 PM

Thank you all for your replys it makes joining this place all the better!
April 13, 2010 11:49:35 AM

Just watched Full Metal Jacket again for about the 10th time since its release, love that movie!

Its depiction of Marine boot camp training is the closest to actual reality I've seen yet !

It was very similar to my own 1972 US Navy boot camp training, well I hope you survive, it will be tough you didn't join Grand Ma's knitting class that's for sure.

Good Luck Man! Ryan
April 30, 2010 10:13:39 AM

Back from BootCamp.

Reason Medical discharge, kinda sad, but it was a lot harder then I expected and I consider myself *HUMBLE* by what happend.
April 30, 2010 11:19:23 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
Back from BootCamp.

Reason Medical discharge, kinda sad, but it was a lot harder then I expected and I consider myself *HUMBLE* by what happend.

You may be a little disillusioned at this point, but in the log run it may have been the best thing that has ever happened for your well being, there are some things the military can bring your way that aren't worth having to lug around the rest of your life.

I'm happy for you man, you can survive without the military!

Ryan
May 1, 2010 4:53:47 PM

Thank you man, I'm still a little upset, but like you said life will go on.
May 7, 2010 3:55:38 AM

At least you enlisted! :sol: 

In my book that makes you a very "Patriotic" American. I hope no permanent damage was done.

I was in the Marines '67 - '71. Got some front seat time in Nam in that helo you see as my avatar.

4ryan6 is right about having some luggage to carry around for the rest of your life. Some is great, some not so great.

Good luck to you my friend.:) 
May 8, 2010 12:27:31 AM

Thanks guys on TomsHardware!