Sign in with
Your question

What do I need to buy to run this game?

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2012 5:23:48 PM

I play a game called League of Legends which does not require anything to special as far as specs but for some reason I cannot play the game on my desktop. I can start a game and be running 70 FPS until things start moving and what not then my computer just goes to 1FPS and its unplayable lag. I have posted on their forums but they are about useless. My computer specs that I know are :

CPU - Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHZ

Memory- 2GB RAM

Graphics card- ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Power Supply- 350 Watt stock (Ive been looking and believe this could be one of the problems which is why I mentioned it)

OS- Windows XP Media Center Addition

If anything sticks out or you need any more info on my computer please post it because this is starting to drive me crazy.

More about : buy run game

February 28, 2012 6:02:38 PM

Do you successful play this game on this system before.... and suddenly it is not work anymore... or for startup it is never success
m
l
February 28, 2012 6:07:09 PM

It has never worked, always been the same thing.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 6:12:08 PM

Do you play any other games? Do they work?

For starters monitor your CPU and RAM utilization in task manager when this happens. Also try and check your temps.
m
l
February 28, 2012 6:23:51 PM

I would hazzard a guess that the proccessor is letting you down
m
l
February 28, 2012 6:24:06 PM

I have the up to date xp service pack and direct x. I dont play any other games I used to play WoW and it would run fine which is what confuses me because I could play it with pretty high frames and quality and cant play this game at all.
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 6:48:10 PM

For a system using a single Radeon HD 3650 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 19 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

League of Legends Recommended System Requirements states that a GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card or better should be used.

The Radeon HD 3650 has about half the graphics processing power of a GeForce 8800 GS which is the lowest performance GeForce 8800 Series graphics card.

I would say that you need a better graphics card and power supply.
m
l
February 28, 2012 7:08:18 PM

That processor wont work on your motherboard. You need a socket 775 cpu
m
l
February 28, 2012 7:09:48 PM

If you do that you need to change Motherboard and Memory also... and may be it don't support IDE Hard Drive...

By the hardware requirement from the site ... your system can at least run... the game... if have problem now may be is other issue....

You can run Processor Explorer from Microsoft see what program running at the background to cause that .....
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb89665...

If you have all the disk you can reformat your HD and reinstall the OS to see...
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 7:14:55 PM

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

The Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 (CMPSU-500CXV2), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

The GeForce GTX 550 Ti is more than capable of running League of Legends.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading the CPU at this time since it meets the League of Legends Recommended System Requirements.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 7:29:05 PM

Does your motherboard have AGP or PCI-e slot for the graphics card?
If you only have AGP then start saving up for a new system, there is no agp card that can play that game: the agp bus just doesn't have the bandwidth to run a gpu much higher than a 3850 at full speed.
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 7:34:11 PM

If you have a consumer desktop unit like an Acer, Dell, Compaq, Gateway, HP, Sony, etc, please provide the its make and model number.

Everything recommended so far may not even fit properly.
m
l
February 28, 2012 7:43:07 PM

It is a Dell Dimension 9150, and popatim how would i find out if its a AGP or PCI-e?
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 7:49:16 PM

GroundhogEdna said:
It is a Dell Dimension 9150, and popatim how would i find out if its a AGP or PCI-e?

The Dell Dimension 9150's motherboard has a PCI Express x16 graphics card slot.

The Intel 945P Express chipset on that motherboard supports PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.0a.

The graphics card and power supply you've chosen should fit and work properly.
m
l
February 28, 2012 7:51:42 PM

That is the PCI-E 16X Ver 1.0
m
l
February 28, 2012 7:56:07 PM

Ok then im probably going to order that power supply and graphics card and hope they work thank you everyone, I didnt even get a response from the LoL forums..
m
l
February 28, 2012 8:00:07 PM

But just let you know if finally is the software issue... you still have the same problem..
m
l
a c 1167 ) Power supply
February 28, 2012 8:54:55 PM

GroundhogEdna said:
Ok then im probably going to order that power supply and graphics card and hope they work thank you everyone, I didnt even get a response from the LoL forums..

When you get your new graphics card and before you install it make sure you properly uninstall the AMD/ATI graphics card driver also download and run Guru3D - Driver Sweeper before you shut down and remove the Radeon HD 3650.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655
m
l
February 28, 2012 9:30:23 PM

He might be able to run one of the early C2D processors, like the e4700. I used to have a MB with the 945 chipset that I upgraded from a pentiumD 940 (I think..was 3.2ghz), up to an e4600 @ 2.4. It was a quite noticable upgrade. That being said, one would be hard to find, except maybe on ebay
m
l
!