Sign in with
Your question

Maximus iv extreme z debug problem 00

Last response: in Motherboards
January 4, 2013 7:36:26 AM

Hey, recently bought a new motherboard, the maximus iv extreme z, with a intel 3570k, radeon 4870 and a ssd ocz agility 3 and 8gb corshair ram. the motherboard indicated a debug code of 00, everything is powered. but there is no display. my psu is 550watts does any one know how to fix this issue?
January 4, 2013 7:59:37 AM

What does your manual say 00 is?
Should be in the first or early second chapter.
If you don't have the paperback on-hand, you can pull it up on ASUS' website.

I have a few ROG boards, and they often produce this issue with loose connections.
Mine are usually resolved by reseating the RAM/CPU--or my most recent one--by reconnecting the SATA cables.
m
l
January 4, 2013 8:07:39 AM

on my manual, 00's description is "not in use". i have checked that all cords are pluged in. All my componenets are moving. including my cpu and gpu as there fans are spining.but the same problem is occuring, which is a blank screen
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2013 8:09:18 AM

aramisathei said:
What does your manual say 00 is?
Should be in the first or early second chapter.
If you don't have the paperback on-hand, you can pull it up on ASUS' website.

I have a few ROG boards, and they often produce this issue with loose connections.
Mine are usually resolved by reseating the RAM/CPU--or my most recent one--by reconnecting the SATA cables.

hi, what do you mean by reseating ram/cpu?
m
l
a c 478 V Motherboard
January 4, 2013 8:19:24 AM

your mb bios may be to old to boot with the new cpu. looks like per asus mb cpu guild bios 3402 neds to be installed. look at the ser# lable on the mb the last 4 digits are the bios rev of the mb as it shipped. you have to use the usb rog flash back port to flash your bios to 3402.
m
l
January 4, 2013 8:35:29 AM

the last four digits on the seriel is 0210, is that correct? also can you link me to the steps of the flash software? thanks
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 4, 2013 12:38:37 PM

reseating ram/cpu is simply taking it out and putting it back in in case it was loose or had a bad connection. You can find your latest BIOS version here:

http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/M...

You will need to unzip it and place it on a FAT32 formatted usb and plug it into the specified usb port on your motherboard. Turn it on and it should be automatically detected.
m
l
January 4, 2013 2:10:17 PM

The lights next to the 24-pin power indicates a cpu issue. Could it be because the CPU is not supported? Also, how can I update the BIOS with a blank screen?
m
l
a c 478 V Motherboard
January 4, 2013 5:04:21 PM

your mb like my sabertooth has a feature called usb flashback it in the mb guild. with a usb stick placed in the right usb port and the button pressed. with just standby power and no cpu you can flash some asus mb. to see how it done watch asus youtube video. you know when it working the port will blink then turn off.
m
l
!