Possible to share broadband connection with Nokia?

I have a Nokia 6820 and recently bought a bluetooth USB dongle for my
desktop PC. Is there any way to share the broadband connection I have on
my PC with my Nokia so that I can surf the web for free from my Nokia?
4 answers Last reply
More about possible share broadband connection nokia

    Why would you want to do that?
    Wouldnt it be better to user your PC to surf the web as it has a bigger
    screen and more website options

    Ian

    "Cythereal" <atulley@example.net> wrote in message
    > I have a Nokia 6820 and recently bought a bluetooth USB dongle for my
    > desktop PC. Is there any way to share the broadband connection I have on
    > my PC with my Nokia so that I can surf the web for free from my Nokia?

    Well, if you want to use actual software ON the phone then it's a perfectly
    reasonable idea. Say someone doing web development, for example. Or
    someone wanting to bookmark some WAP-capable web sites. Being able to do it
    over the local PC's network connection is a helluva lot cheaper than being
    gouged to use the cellular company's network (and faster too!)

    Not all phones have this ability, unfortunately, and some (like my 6630) are
    deliberately lacking the feature.

    "Ian Davies" <ian.CUTTHISdandav@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Why would you want to do that?
    > Wouldnt it be better to user your PC to surf the web as it has a bigger
    > screen and more website options
    >
    > Ian
    >

    > "Cythereal" <atulley@example.net> wrote in message
    > > I have a Nokia 6820 and recently bought a bluetooth USB dongle for my
    > > desktop PC. Is there any way to share the broadband connection I have on
    > > my PC with my Nokia so that I can surf the web for free from my Nokia?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Yeh it's basically for Web development and such.
    Sounding like it may not be possible then... which is a shame.

    What would also be good is if, say, you could control Winamp using your
    mobile phone and bluetooth. A friend of a friend apparently does that
    with his iBook (with whatever the mac player software is) but no idea
    how or if the same thing is possible on a PC.

    wkearney99 wrote:
    > Well, if you want to use actual software ON the phone then it's a perfectly
    > reasonable idea. Say someone doing web development, for example. Or
    > someone wanting to bookmark some WAP-capable web sites. Being able to do it
    > over the local PC's network connection is a helluva lot cheaper than being
    > gouged to use the cellular company's network (and faster too!)
    >
    > Not all phones have this ability, unfortunately, and some (like my 6630) are
    > deliberately lacking the feature.
    >

    > "Ian Davies" <ian.CUTTHISdandav@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Why would you want to do that?
    >>Wouldnt it be better to user your PC to surf the web as it has a bigger
    >>screen and more website options
    >>
    >>Ian
    >>

    >>"Cythereal" <atulley@example.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have a Nokia 6820 and recently bought a bluetooth USB dongle for my
    >>>desktop PC. Is there any way to share the broadband connection I have on
    >>>my PC with my Nokia so that I can surf the web for free from my Nokia?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Yeh it's basically for Web development and such.
    > Sounding like it may not be possible then... which is a shame.
    >
    > What would also be good is if, say, you could control Winamp using your
    > mobile phone and bluetooth. A friend of a friend apparently does that with
    > his iBook (with whatever the mac player software is) but no idea how or if
    > the same thing is possible on a PC.

    Float's Mobile Agent allows this with Sony-Ericsson BT phones. In fact you
    can control the whole PC from the phone with the joystick. Runs Powerpoint
    presentations as well.
    JamBoy

Bluetooth Broadband Connection Nokia