Recent upgrade(s) - ran fine for 3 weeks now no Post

bpatrick

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hello,
I was running my older system with a minor and recent upgrade during the Xmas Holidays to a Phenom II X4 925 after a bios upgrade to version 5002 for my asus M2N32 SLI Wireless Deluxe which also includes a X-mas gifted new vid card, Asus Nvidia 560GTX Ran it with no hitches after until my Ultra 550 Mod psu's fan went kaput at the begining of the month and no fans I had available from previous psus were same pin style.

So decided to upgrade not only to the Rosewill Capstone 80 Gold Plus 650W, but also added another 4gb of gskill DDR2 800 ram for a total of 8gb, and set up the system on a brand new 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 64MB Sata HD with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Everything was running fine until my download for the new star wars completed and I played for a couple hours and then called it a night. Woke up this morning and now system won't post,no beeps, no initial boot up screen, nadda. PSU running fine, board lit up with power. Tried switching out monitors and vid card with my older 9850gtx OC with no luck. Switched out the gskill and older ram with no luck there either.

CPU? HD? Any suggestions on any further troubleshooting?

Thanks
Bob

bpatrick

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Just wanted to add everything was running at stock, wasn't going to start overclocking til she had a good work in.