Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby85

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I'd like to clear some of the mess out of my mind in regards to video cards and see if anyone has any helpful input. I am trying to decide what to do as a replacement for my GTX 260. I want something that will handle BF3 and have done a lot of reading on this site now but am still unsure what to do. I hear rumours that next year Nvidia will release Kepler based cards (sorry AMD fans, Im a purely NVidia based user), and Im not sure if those will be worth it right away or not. I guess I am wanting to find something that isn't going to break the bank for now and provide decent performance in BF3 at 1920X1080. I read the big article on Tom's about SLI and the micro-tearing that can be experienced by that, so I think I have decided to stick with a single GPU as 3-way SLI is too far out of the budget. I also came across a forum post from a guy claiming that you can possily overclock a single 560 Ti to outperform a 570, is this true? If thats the case, could I buy a 570 and overclock it to perform close to a 580? I like the price point of the 570's, but just wonder if they are worth the extra bit you pay over a 560 Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.