online custom builders

trancend1

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2001
Hi everyone, I am looking for a reliable online vendor who will custom build a machine for me. I know what hardware I want but am not yet comfortable enough to build my own (someday!). I have checked out Directron.com and also Monarchcomputers.com . Both seem okay. If anyone has had experiences with either of these, feed back would be appreciated. Or even any other recomendations.

thanks

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I used Monarch to build most of my current system .. bought the case and mobo (asus cusl2-c and p-3 800 eb cpu from them as well as the soundcard sb live value, and modem usr 2977 hw model) I paid them 15 bux to assemble and test the mobo\cpu\ case. I installed all the drives cards nic etc. It was all shipped together in a large box with lots of styro popcorn thingies. I paid a couple of bux more for a few of the items but it was worth the convienience for some of it .. the ram they have is ok but over priced and same for vid cards .. most of the rest was competitive with pricewatch low-ball figures. I bought my ram from crucial and my vid card elsewhere as well as cd rom and cd burner.. if you can upgrade cards and drives already, consider this route.. took me about 2 hrs to be up and ready to install the OS

The option to have them installthe mobo and test it was worth the 15 dollars imo.. I would \ will use them again this spring for my next system

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>

G

OOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK.
YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS SITE OUT. IT IS CANADIAN, BUT THEY SHIP ALL OVER N. AMERICA. AND THERE PRICES ARE REALLY GOOD, EVEN WHEN YOU RULE THE EXCHANGE RATE IN IF YOUR AMERICAN

THE SITE IS>>>>>>>>>>WWW.ATIC.CA<<<<<<<<<<<

ITS AREALLY SIMPLY STRAIT FORWARD LAY OUT. THERE SYSTEM BUILDER IS REALLY NICE DO TO THE FACT THAT THEY DONT LIMIT YOU TO HAVING TO USE ANY COMPONENT(IE: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE FROM 1 MB) THEY DONT DO THAT. THEY ARE A REGISTERED RESELLER, RELIABLE, HIGH RATINGS FOR QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CHEAP. BECAUSE THEY BUY HGE WHOLESALES, AND HAVE CONTRACTS WITH INTEL, ETC.

JUST CHECK IT OUT, YOU WONT BE DISSIPOINTED

FatBurger

Illustrious
Please don't post in all caps, it gives me a headache.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Are you sure its not just the monitors refresh rate sitting at 60Hz. That would do it too, ;)

Seriously though. Its the first time Ive done it. Its kind of obnoxious to look at. I even didnt take it seriously well reading it in all caps.

I vow to NEVER sound like a salesman again. If I do someone please KICK ME

mystic

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
Never leave Alienware out in the cold, i was going to get one but I did not want to upgrade my videocard yet, but my friend got one and I wish i would have just gotten the Alienware PC anyway. Just My .02 cents

G

Boy, lots of questions about custom PC builders hehe. I guess this will make my 3rd post about this so it's gonna make me look like a soundboard for these 2 companies... but Thunderbox PC (www.thunderboxpc.com) and element PC (www.elementpc.com) are supposed to be really good independents -- try checking them out.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Believe me, I won't.

I can think of much hotter places that would suitable for Alienware, and all their staff. Like a high-tech version of Dante's Inferno.

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>