Whats your favorite PSP game after playing for the last we..

My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might just
take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

In article <Ivz3e.65766$le4.3997@fed1read04>,
jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:

> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
> just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

I've been playing Untold Legends for a couple of days, and I'm happy
with it. It is not spectacular, but serviceable. It is a regular hack
and slash dungeon crawl, with a decent amount of gameplay. As an RPG
fan, I like being able to play this kind of game on the PSP. A long epic
which you can play for short bits or long periods as you like.

It does have significant shortcomings:

* The music is cheap Casio stuff, and though you can control the volume
of the music, sound effects, etc, it doesn't save these settings.

* Long (20-30 sec) loading times going between zones. A bit annoying.

* While playing, you can just turn the PSP off and when you power it on
the game is right back where it was ready to go immediately with no
delay or even disk spinup time(all games seem to work like this.) But if
you actually exit the game to do some other PSP thing, it's awkward and
poorly done. Got to do a manual save on the way out. When you go back
in, you have several starting screens to wade through, a manual load,
etc.

* You can save anywhere. And, anytime you want, you can teleport from
wherever you are to the home city to do things like sell off loot and go
shopping. These make the game much easier - you save right before the
boss fights and try as many times as you like, go stock up and get
supplies, and so on.

But hey, it's a launch title. I give it 2 stars out of 5. But I feel it
was worth it. It sure fires up my imagination for the potential of
adventure and RPG games. Much richer games, online play, lots of great
stuff coming, I'm positive of that now.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
> just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
> Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
> it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

I really like Untold Legends because it is a lot more difficult than I
thought it would be. You can't horde health vials and just breeze through.
The battles (even non-boss) require some hit and run because you don't just
overpower everyone. I am not really far along in the game (couple hours)
but it is no more repetitive than BG or CON.

I want to like Lumines but I DONT understand the freaking game. My wife
plays for 2 or 3 hours at a time but I didn't read the directions so I am
lost every time I pick it up. I play for 5 minutes and then pop in NFL
Street. I sure thought that Street was easy until I realized that it
defaulted to the lowest difficulty.

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines
might just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you
like it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

I just got Tiger Woods PSP the other day. It is excellent on the PSP.
The character builder is so impressive on its own, so well done. It
would be incredible to have this built into almost every game, build
your own custom player character. The unlocks are also fun. The whole
execution of the game is just so tight and the visuals are fantastic,
so crisp and clear. Yes, this game is good for hours and hours of
gameplay. It is easy to see this becoming a hit with the country club
crowd. To get this amount of content, this level of gameplay and this
level of overall quality on a handheld video game system is staggering.
Lumines, what can be said? Once you start, you are hooked. Another
game with hours and hours of gameplay.
I don't think there is a total clunker in the launch lineup, yeah a
couple weak ones that didn't have the right combination, but it should
be remembered this is just the launch lineup, just the beginning. Damn
ATV Fury PSP got delayed a couple of weeks. Medievil PSP (and it is new
for PSP, not just a port of the PS1 game) looks very, very promising
and should be out next month. Grand Theft Auto PSP is going to be a
rocket for Rockstar. That game alone may propel the PSP to
stratospheric heights. I am looking forward to Coded Arms and that
could really trigger a new era for handhelds, richly embellished true
3D FPS, with the potential for WiFi MP, local and over the Internet.
That is going to open up a galaxy of gameplay.
Please don't tell anybody but I think I am in love with my PSP.

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:

> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
> Racer and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.

I've got Lumines, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, THUG2 and the
Japanese Hot Shots Golf. Had Dynasty Warriors but I took it back, and Tony
Hawk will be next to go -- it's not that it's bad, I just forgot that I've
never really been that into the Tony Hawk games. Hot Shots Golf and Lumines
by far get the most play time, but all of the rest are solid. I'd like to
squeeze Metal Gear Acid and Wipeout Pure in there, but I don't have time to
play even the ones I have. Especially with God of War and SC:CT taking up so
much time. An embarrasment of gaming riches right now.

-Z-

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>
>> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
>> Racer and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.
>
> I've got Lumines, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, THUG2 and
> the Japanese Hot Shots Golf. Had Dynasty Warriors but I took it back,

I've haven't been really into DW in a while so I knew to pass.

>and Tony Hawk will be next to go -- it's not that it's bad, I just forgot
>that I've never really been that into the Tony Hawk games.

LOL. How did you do that?

Odd Bob wrote:
> The only complaint I'd add is that it's way too easy to get turned
around
> a lost, since the dungeons are randomly generated and the orientation
of
> the map gets changed around when telporting to town and back, so I
> sometimes get disoriented and go back the way I came without
realizing
> it. In Baldur's Gate the map was invisible except for the areas I'd
> already explored, and I really wish this game had the same feature.
> -- Bob

I totally agree with Bob on this one, especially after you reload your
game or teleport to town. For some reason the camera likes to turn
itself around on you for no reason. I miss the fog too, its hard to
remember where you've been and where you haven't. Other than that I
love the game, but I'm a big fan of Champions of Norrath. I like to
call Untold Legends CoN Mini, because that's exactly how it feels. I
have it and NFS Rivals and I definitely spend more time with UL. I
can't get around the difficulty in Rivals, I'm totally stuck right now
because I keep getting smoked by the CPU. I think I need to restart the
game and rethink my upgrade spending. I would rate NFS Rivals 3 out of
5 for average and Untold Legends 4 out of 5 for above average.

jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote in

> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer
> and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.
> Lumines might just take the top spot though. I've been thinking about
> picking up Untold Legends but some of the reviews were kinda bad for
> it. If you have it do you like it? Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft
> Auto.

I rented Tiger Woods but couldn't get that interested in it - strangely I
prefer the DS version since I like the swing-o-meter rather than the analog
stick thing.

Out of Lumines, MGA and Wipeout, I think I'd go for Lumines - that's my "go
to" game. MGA is good too, but I find I have to be in the right state of
mind for it.

Wipeout I quite like, but I've never been a big fan of arcade racers and
although I play this a little on the PSP I consider it a throw away game (I
have a rental copy btw).

Lumines is the top for me.

toad.

I own Lumines, Wipeout, and Tiger Woods.

I'd have to say Lumines, but Tiger Woods is a close second. Wipeout is great
as well. The addictive quality of Lumines wins out. It keeps you playing in
hopes of opening up one more skin.

Skye

In article <1112465205.912640.66990@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
blig_murk@yahoo.com says...

>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
>Racer and
>> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines
>might just
>> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
>Legends
>> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you
>like it?
>> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.
>
> I just got Tiger Woods PSP the other day. It is excellent on the PSP.
>The character builder is so impressive on its own, so well done. It
>would be incredible to have this built into almost every game, build
>your own custom player character. The unlocks are also fun. The whole
>execution of the game is just so tight and the visuals are fantastic,
>so crisp and clear. Yes, this game is good for hours and hours of
>gameplay. It is easy to see this becoming a hit with the country club
>crowd. To get this amount of content, this level of gameplay and this
>level of overall quality on a handheld video game system is staggering.
> Lumines, what can be said? Once you start, you are hooked. Another
>game with hours and hours of gameplay.
> I don't think there is a total clunker in the launch lineup, yeah a
>couple weak ones that didn't have the right combination, but it should
>be remembered this is just the launch lineup, just the beginning. Damn
>ATV Fury PSP got delayed a couple of weeks. Medievil PSP (and it is new
>for PSP, not just a port of the PS1 game) looks very, very promising
>and should be out next month. Grand Theft Auto PSP is going to be a
>rocket for Rockstar. That game alone may propel the PSP to
>stratospheric heights. I am looking forward to Coded Arms and that
>could really trigger a new era for handhelds, richly embellished true
>3D FPS, with the potential for WiFi MP, local and over the Internet.
>That is going to open up a galaxy of gameplay.
> Please don't tell anybody but I think I am in love with my PSP.

Is GTA going to be top down like the old PS versions or will it be like the
PS2/Xbox versions?

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

I'be got Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and Lumines. Bought Ape
Escape for my son, but I think I'll return it. First of all, it seems to be
a straight port of the PS One game and isn't easy to control, and second of
all, I haven't let my son use the PSP yet and I'm not sure I will (he's only
9)! I also wrote a review of Metal Gear Ac!d, but turn-based card strategy
games aren't my cup of tea. Lumines can be fun, although I seem to have
reached my "mastery" limit--it's a level where the pieces look like red and
white jewels. By this time, the line moves very slow, and I always end up
running out of room. I've always been a TM fan, but the PSP version is
giving me some serious motion sickness if I play it for too long. It's just
too fast, and I'm always turning quickly. Wipeout is good, but I remembered
that the controls took some getting used to (sliding to the sides). I think
Ridge Racer would have to be my favorite. Looks beautiful, controls
excellently, and they added a nitrous boost.

I'm looking forward to Grand Theft Auto, Mercury, Hot Shots Golf, Death Jr.,
and Medievil. On my "wish list" would be a PSP version of Burnout, Prince of
Persia or God of War, a game in the Mark of Kri or the original Abe's
Oddworld series, a good first-person shooter, and some unique games not
found on any console.

Oh, and I hope some hacker gets busy with emulation. An Atari 2600 emulator,
a C64 emulator, an NES emulator, and MAME would be sweet, and could fit on
the memory sticks.

Tiger Woods is my favorite. It's a tie between Wipeout and Lumines because
I'm playing those equally. I keep crashing in Wipeout because the scenery is
so great!

RnR Lesnar

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
> just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
> Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
> it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
> just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
> Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
> it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

The only thing I purchased was Ridge and Wipe, I'm cheap.
I prefer RR

In article <d2ok40$p97$1@news.datasync.com>, rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com
says...

>Tiger Woods is my favorite. It's a tie between Wipeout and Lumines because
>I'm playing those equally. I keep crashing in Wipeout because the scenery is
>so great!
>
>RnR Lesnar

Yeah no kidding about the scenery. I'm even blown away by the graphics in
Lumines. I might have to change my name to PSP#1Fanboy-JoJo.

unkn2232324

>Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
>I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new releases on
>the XBox or PS2.
>It comes damn close though.

Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as PS2
graphics, no problem at all.

G.

Andrew

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might just
> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

Need for Speed Rivals.

--

Andrew
waiting on Ridge Racer

G wrote:
> >Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
> >I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new
releases on
> >the XBox or PS2.
> >It comes damn close though.
>

> Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as PS2
> graphics, no problem at all.
>
> G.

The graphics are great by handheld standards but it is a gross
misrepresentation to say that the PSP graphics is equivalent to PS2
graphics. The colors and textures are nice and vibrant for most of the
games, but the models are far less complex and are obviously made with
fewer polygons. The cars in Ridge Racer don't even look as good as
cars in Dreamcast games, much less PS2 games.

brun132...@yahoo.com wrote:
> G wrote:
> > >Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
> > >I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new
> releases on
> > >the XBox or PS2.
> > >It comes damn close though.
> >

> > Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as
PS2
> > graphics, no problem at all.
> >
> > G.
>

> The graphics are great by handheld standards but it is a gross
> misrepresentation to say that the PSP graphics is equivalent to PS2
> graphics. The colors and textures are nice and vibrant for most of
the
> games, but the models are far less complex and are obviously made
with
> fewer polygons. The cars in Ridge Racer don't even look as good as
> cars in Dreamcast games, much less PS2 games.

Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
impressive for a handheld, yes?

Robert P Holley wrote:
> Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
> impressive for a handheld, yes?

The graphics are good but I wouldn't say I was really impressed. I
was much more impressed with the experience of watching a UMD movie on
a PSP. Perhaps my expectations were too high as quite a few people
claim that the PSP graphics are comparable to PS2 grahics. I was a
little disappointed that the current games have less polygons/sec than
Dreamcast. According to Sony's specs, the PSP should be able to
generate polygons several times more than the DC.

The screen does have the best screen of any handheld I've seen. The
size and clarity of the screen is impressive but the refresh rate is a
little slow for some games. I believe/hope that the PSP games will
look much better as developers learn more tricks but the current PSP
games are quite obviously graphically inferior even to 1st generation
PS2 games.

On 4 Apr 2005 15:40:54 -0700, "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com>
wrote:

>You planning to get Doom 3? If so, we have to hook up for some online
>co-op.

I wasn't planning on Doom 3, until I heard the collector's edition
includes XBox versions of Doom 1/2. I don't know why that's appealing
(I could get them cheap for PC) but for some reason it is.

<brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Robert P Holley wrote:
> > Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
> > impressive for a handheld, yes?
>
> The graphics are good but I wouldn't say I was really impressed. I
> was much more impressed with the experience of watching a UMD movie on
> a PSP. Perhaps my expectations were too high as quite a few people
> claim that the PSP graphics are comparable to PS2 grahics. I was a
> little disappointed that the current games have less polygons/sec than
> Dreamcast. According to Sony's specs, the PSP should be able to
> generate polygons several times more than the DC.
>
> The screen does have the best screen of any handheld I've seen. The
> size and clarity of the screen is impressive but the refresh rate is a
> little slow for some games. I believe/hope that the PSP games will
> look much better as developers learn more tricks but the current PSP
> games are quite obviously graphically inferior even to 1st generation
> PS2 games.

Where are you getting the DC frame rate/poly count comparison from? Just
your personal opinion, or based upon some specs? Because I compared Ridge
Racer to Speed Devils, one of the few DC racers I own, and there is no
comparison. The PSP cars look much better.