Whats your favorite PSP game after playing for the last we..

My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might just
take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.
21 answers Last reply
More about whats favorite game playing

    In article <Ivz3e.65766$le4.3997@fed1read04>,
    jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote:

    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
    > just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    I've been playing Untold Legends for a couple of days, and I'm happy
    with it. It is not spectacular, but serviceable. It is a regular hack
    and slash dungeon crawl, with a decent amount of gameplay. As an RPG
    fan, I like being able to play this kind of game on the PSP. A long epic
    which you can play for short bits or long periods as you like.

    It does have significant shortcomings:

    * The music is cheap Casio stuff, and though you can control the volume
    of the music, sound effects, etc, it doesn't save these settings.

    * Long (20-30 sec) loading times going between zones. A bit annoying.

    * While playing, you can just turn the PSP off and when you power it on
    the game is right back where it was ready to go immediately with no
    delay or even disk spinup time(all games seem to work like this.) But if
    you actually exit the game to do some other PSP thing, it's awkward and
    poorly done. Got to do a manual save on the way out. When you go back
    in, you have several starting screens to wade through, a manual load,
    etc.

    * You can save anywhere. And, anytime you want, you can teleport from
    wherever you are to the home city to do things like sell off loot and go
    shopping. These make the game much easier - you save right before the
    boss fights and try as many times as you like, go stock up and get
    supplies, and so on.

    But hey, it's a launch title. I give it 2 stars out of 5. But I feel it
    was worth it. It sure fires up my imagination for the potential of
    adventure and RPG games. Much richer games, online play, lots of great
    stuff coming, I'm positive of that now.

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
    > just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    > Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
    > it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    I really like Untold Legends because it is a lot more difficult than I
    thought it would be. You can't horde health vials and just breeze through.
    The battles (even non-boss) require some hit and run because you don't just
    overpower everyone. I am not really far along in the game (couple hours)
    but it is no more repetitive than BG or CON.

    I want to like Lumines but I DONT understand the freaking game. My wife
    plays for 2 or 3 hours at a time but I didn't read the directions so I am
    lost every time I pick it up. I play for 5 minutes and then pop in NFL
    Street. I sure thought that Street was easy until I realized that it
    defaulted to the lowest difficulty.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
    Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines
    might just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you
    like it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    I just got Tiger Woods PSP the other day. It is excellent on the PSP.
    The character builder is so impressive on its own, so well done. It
    would be incredible to have this built into almost every game, build
    your own custom player character. The unlocks are also fun. The whole
    execution of the game is just so tight and the visuals are fantastic,
    so crisp and clear. Yes, this game is good for hours and hours of
    gameplay. It is easy to see this becoming a hit with the country club
    crowd. To get this amount of content, this level of gameplay and this
    level of overall quality on a handheld video game system is staggering.
    Lumines, what can be said? Once you start, you are hooked. Another
    game with hours and hours of gameplay.
    I don't think there is a total clunker in the launch lineup, yeah a
    couple weak ones that didn't have the right combination, but it should
    be remembered this is just the launch lineup, just the beginning. Damn
    ATV Fury PSP got delayed a couple of weeks. Medievil PSP (and it is new
    for PSP, not just a port of the PS1 game) looks very, very promising
    and should be out next month. Grand Theft Auto PSP is going to be a
    rocket for Rockstar. That game alone may propel the PSP to
    stratospheric heights. I am looking forward to Coded Arms and that
    could really trigger a new era for handhelds, richly embellished true
    3D FPS, with the potential for WiFi MP, local and over the Internet.
    That is going to open up a galaxy of gameplay.
    Please don't tell anybody but I think I am in love with my PSP.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:

    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
    > Racer and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.

    I've got Lumines, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, THUG2 and the
    Japanese Hot Shots Golf. Had Dynasty Warriors but I took it back, and Tony
    Hawk will be next to go -- it's not that it's bad, I just forgot that I've
    never really been that into the Tony Hawk games. Hot Shots Golf and Lumines
    by far get the most play time, but all of the rest are solid. I'd like to
    squeeze Metal Gear Acid and Wipeout Pure in there, but I don't have time to
    play even the ones I have. Especially with God of War and SC:CT taking up so
    much time. An embarrasment of gaming riches right now.

    -Z-

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >
    >> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
    >> Racer and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.
    >
    > I've got Lumines, Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Untold Legends, THUG2 and
    > the Japanese Hot Shots Golf. Had Dynasty Warriors but I took it back,

    I've haven't been really into DW in a while so I knew to pass.

    >and Tony Hawk will be next to go -- it's not that it's bad, I just forgot
    >that I've never really been that into the Tony Hawk games.

    LOL. How did you do that?

    Hot Shots Golf and Lumines
    > by far get the most play time, but all of the rest are solid. I'd like to
    > squeeze Metal Gear Acid and Wipeout Pure in there, but I don't have time
    > to play even the ones I have. Especially with God of War and SC:CT taking
    > up so much time. An embarrasment of gaming riches right now.
    >
    > -Z-

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Odd Bob wrote:
    > The only complaint I'd add is that it's way too easy to get turned
    around
    > a lost, since the dungeons are randomly generated and the orientation
    of
    > the map gets changed around when telporting to town and back, so I
    > sometimes get disoriented and go back the way I came without
    realizing
    > it. In Baldur's Gate the map was invisible except for the areas I'd
    > already explored, and I really wish this game had the same feature.
    > -- Bob

    I totally agree with Bob on this one, especially after you reload your
    game or teleport to town. For some reason the camera likes to turn
    itself around on you for no reason. I miss the fog too, its hard to
    remember where you've been and where you haven't. Other than that I
    love the game, but I'm a big fan of Champions of Norrath. I like to
    call Untold Legends CoN Mini, because that's exactly how it feels. I
    have it and NFS Rivals and I definitely spend more time with UL. I
    can't get around the difficulty in Rivals, I'm totally stuck right now
    because I keep getting smoked by the CPU. I think I need to restart the
    game and rethink my upgrade spending. I would rate NFS Rivals 3 out of
    5 for average and Untold Legends 4 out of 5 for above average.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    jojo@cox.net (MS#1Fanboy-JoJo) wrote in

    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer
    > and Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod.
    > Lumines might just take the top spot though. I've been thinking about
    > picking up Untold Legends but some of the reviews were kinda bad for
    > it. If you have it do you like it? Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft
    > Auto.

    I rented Tiger Woods but couldn't get that interested in it - strangely I
    prefer the DS version since I like the swing-o-meter rather than the analog
    stick thing.

    Out of Lumines, MGA and Wipeout, I think I'd go for Lumines - that's my "go
    to" game. MGA is good too, but I find I have to be in the right state of
    mind for it.

    Wipeout I quite like, but I've never been a big fan of arcade racers and
    although I play this a little on the PSP I consider it a throw away game (I
    have a rental copy btw).

    Lumines is the top for me.

    toad.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I own Lumines, Wipeout, and Tiger Woods.

    I'd have to say Lumines, but Tiger Woods is a close second. Wipeout is great
    as well. The addictive quality of Lumines wins out. It keeps you playing in
    hopes of opening up one more skin.

    Skye
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1112465205.912640.66990@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    blig_murk@yahoo.com says...

    >MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >> My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge
    >Racer and
    >> Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines
    >might just
    >> take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    >Legends
    >> but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you
    >like it?
    >> Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.
    >
    > I just got Tiger Woods PSP the other day. It is excellent on the PSP.
    >The character builder is so impressive on its own, so well done. It
    >would be incredible to have this built into almost every game, build
    >your own custom player character. The unlocks are also fun. The whole
    >execution of the game is just so tight and the visuals are fantastic,
    >so crisp and clear. Yes, this game is good for hours and hours of
    >gameplay. It is easy to see this becoming a hit with the country club
    >crowd. To get this amount of content, this level of gameplay and this
    >level of overall quality on a handheld video game system is staggering.
    > Lumines, what can be said? Once you start, you are hooked. Another
    >game with hours and hours of gameplay.
    > I don't think there is a total clunker in the launch lineup, yeah a
    >couple weak ones that didn't have the right combination, but it should
    >be remembered this is just the launch lineup, just the beginning. Damn
    >ATV Fury PSP got delayed a couple of weeks. Medievil PSP (and it is new
    >for PSP, not just a port of the PS1 game) looks very, very promising
    >and should be out next month. Grand Theft Auto PSP is going to be a
    >rocket for Rockstar. That game alone may propel the PSP to
    >stratospheric heights. I am looking forward to Coded Arms and that
    >could really trigger a new era for handhelds, richly embellished true
    >3D FPS, with the potential for WiFi MP, local and over the Internet.
    >That is going to open up a galaxy of gameplay.
    > Please don't tell anybody but I think I am in love with my PSP.

    Is GTA going to be top down like the old PS versions or will it be like the
    PS2/Xbox versions?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
    just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
    it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    I'be got Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and Lumines. Bought Ape
    Escape for my son, but I think I'll return it. First of all, it seems to be
    a straight port of the PS One game and isn't easy to control, and second of
    all, I haven't let my son use the PSP yet and I'm not sure I will (he's only
    9)! I also wrote a review of Metal Gear Ac!d, but turn-based card strategy
    games aren't my cup of tea. Lumines can be fun, although I seem to have
    reached my "mastery" limit--it's a level where the pieces look like red and
    white jewels. By this time, the line moves very slow, and I always end up
    running out of room. I've always been a TM fan, but the PSP version is
    giving me some serious motion sickness if I play it for too long. It's just
    too fast, and I'm always turning quickly. Wipeout is good, but I remembered
    that the controls took some getting used to (sliding to the sides). I think
    Ridge Racer would have to be my favorite. Looks beautiful, controls
    excellently, and they added a nitrous boost.

    I'm looking forward to Grand Theft Auto, Mercury, Hot Shots Golf, Death Jr.,
    and Medievil. On my "wish list" would be a PSP version of Burnout, Prince of
    Persia or God of War, a game in the Mark of Kri or the original Abe's
    Oddworld series, a good first-person shooter, and some unique games not
    found on any console.

    Oh, and I hope some hacker gets busy with emulation. An Atari 2600 emulator,
    a C64 emulator, an NES emulator, and MAME would be sweet, and could fit on
    the memory sticks.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Tiger Woods is my favorite. It's a tie between Wipeout and Lumines because
    I'm playing those equally. I keep crashing in Wipeout because the scenery is
    so great!

    RnR Lesnar

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
    > just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    > Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
    > it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might
    > just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold
    > Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like
    > it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    The only thing I purchased was Ridge and Wipe, I'm cheap.
    I prefer RR
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <d2ok40$p97$1@news.datasync.com>, rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com
    says...

    >Tiger Woods is my favorite. It's a tie between Wipeout and Lumines because
    >I'm playing those equally. I keep crashing in Wipeout because the scenery is
    >so great!
    >
    >RnR Lesnar

    Yeah no kidding about the scenery. I'm even blown away by the graphics in
    Lumines. I might have to change my name to PSP#1Fanboy-JoJo.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
    >I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new releases on
    >the XBox or PS2.
    >It comes damn close though.

    Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as PS2
    graphics, no problem at all.

    G.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > My favorite is Tiger Woods. I have Twisted Metal, Lumines, Ridge Racer and
    > Wipeout also and all kick major ass but Tiger gets the nod. Lumines might just
    > take the top spot though. I've been thinking about picking up Untold Legends
    > but some of the reviews were kinda bad for it. If you have it do you like it?
    > Can't wait for MVP and Grand Theft Auto.

    Need for Speed Rivals.

    --

    Andrew
    waiting on Ridge Racer

    G wrote:
    > >Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
    > >I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new
    releases on
    > >the XBox or PS2.
    > >It comes damn close though.
    >

    > Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as PS2
    > graphics, no problem at all.
    >
    > G.

    The graphics are great by handheld standards but it is a gross
    misrepresentation to say that the PSP graphics is equivalent to PS2
    graphics. The colors and textures are nice and vibrant for most of the
    games, but the models are far less complex and are obviously made with
    fewer polygons. The cars in Ridge Racer don't even look as good as
    cars in Dreamcast games, much less PS2 games.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    brun132...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > G wrote:
    > > >Than why did you bother purchasing a PSP?
    > > >I don't know anyone that expected games to looks as good as new
    > releases on
    > > >the XBox or PS2.
    > > >It comes damn close though.
    > >

    > > Its the best graphics on any handheld, and I would say as good as
    PS2
    > > graphics, no problem at all.
    > >
    > > G.
    >

    > The graphics are great by handheld standards but it is a gross
    > misrepresentation to say that the PSP graphics is equivalent to PS2
    > graphics. The colors and textures are nice and vibrant for most of
    the
    > games, but the models are far less complex and are obviously made
    with
    > fewer polygons. The cars in Ridge Racer don't even look as good as
    > cars in Dreamcast games, much less PS2 games.

    Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
    impressive for a handheld, yes?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Robert P Holley wrote:
    > Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
    > impressive for a handheld, yes?

    The graphics are good but I wouldn't say I was really impressed. I
    was much more impressed with the experience of watching a UMD movie on
    a PSP. Perhaps my expectations were too high as quite a few people
    claim that the PSP graphics are comparable to PS2 grahics. I was a
    little disappointed that the current games have less polygons/sec than
    Dreamcast. According to Sony's specs, the PSP should be able to
    generate polygons several times more than the DC.

    The screen does have the best screen of any handheld I've seen. The
    size and clarity of the screen is impressive but the refresh rate is a
    little slow for some games. I believe/hope that the PSP games will
    look much better as developers learn more tricks but the current PSP
    games are quite obviously graphically inferior even to 1st generation
    PS2 games.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 4 Apr 2005 15:40:54 -0700, "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com>
    wrote:

    >You planning to get Doom 3? If so, we have to hook up for some online
    >co-op.

    I wasn't planning on Doom 3, until I heard the collector's edition
    includes XBox versions of Doom 1/2. I don't know why that's appealing
    (I could get them cheap for PC) but for some reason it is.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Robert P Holley wrote:
    > > Forgetting the PS2 graphical comparisions, you still admit it's damn
    > > impressive for a handheld, yes?
    >
    > The graphics are good but I wouldn't say I was really impressed. I
    > was much more impressed with the experience of watching a UMD movie on
    > a PSP. Perhaps my expectations were too high as quite a few people
    > claim that the PSP graphics are comparable to PS2 grahics. I was a
    > little disappointed that the current games have less polygons/sec than
    > Dreamcast. According to Sony's specs, the PSP should be able to
    > generate polygons several times more than the DC.
    >
    > The screen does have the best screen of any handheld I've seen. The
    > size and clarity of the screen is impressive but the refresh rate is a
    > little slow for some games. I believe/hope that the PSP games will
    > look much better as developers learn more tricks but the current PSP
    > games are quite obviously graphically inferior even to 1st generation
    > PS2 games.

    Where are you getting the DC frame rate/poly count comparison from? Just
    your personal opinion, or based upon some specs? Because I compared Ridge
    Racer to Speed Devils, one of the few DC racers I own, and there is no
    comparison. The PSP cars look much better.
  21. we want bully:scholarship edition and assasins creed 3 in psp version

Console Gaming Tiger PlayStation Games Video Games