Closed Solved

Did this guy buy 2 of same card from 2 different sites ?

ok, so I'm researching for GPU upgrade, and reading some customer reviews ...and came across this
Read the VERY last one at the bottom of the page ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162075

now read this one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7170064&CatId=0

6 days apart ?
EXACT same words ..did he buy a second a couple of days from the other site ?

maybe 2 different people with the EXACT same setup , using the EXACT same words ..coincidence ?

is this perhaps someone who works for Galaxy trying to up the reviews ?

also the SKU for the card pictured at neweg for a different card, the one the egg has pictured ,is I think the GC edition, maybe that's what they are sending out..maybe a typo in the title ..not sure ..I just though it was kind of odd to have the same review on 2 different sites like that , within 6 days of each other ..what do yall think ?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about card sites
  1. Perhaps he felt like leaving his review on more that one site so people interested in the card have his thoughts on it?
  2. Best answer
    Hard to say. It could be. But sometimes people get so excited about a product, they end up reviewing it in multiple places.

I did that before. I bought a Gigabyte motherboard locally at a store called microcenter, in Yonkers, NY and my CPU at DataVision in NYC. I loved my new toys so much I decided I needed to review them. I put up my reviews for the products on newegg, where I usually shop. It just so happened that I couldn't wait to get the parts that time, it was friday and i wouldn't get them till next wednesday, and decided to shop locally and take a hit on the taxes.

Another time I bought an LSI SAS controller on provantage which was a POS. I got so mad that I decided to write about my terrible experience with in on Newegg, tigerdirect, mwave and amazon.

BUT, more importantly, look at him bash the GPU's warranty "Cons: Only 2 year warranty compared to some with 3+"

why would the company's employee bash his company's warranty like that if he was trying to sell it? Just my $0.02
  3. good point solomon .. I just though it was odd ..cause I read them within minutes of each other , and thought wait ,didnt i just read this ?? wth ? lol ..not saying it IS an employee ..just thought it was strange
  4. ltrazaklt said:
    good point solomon .. I just though it was odd ..cause I read them within minutes of each other , and thought wait ,didnt i just read this ?? wth ? lol ..not saying it IS an employee ..just thought it was strange

At first, I honestly thought he was trying to bump up the ratings to sell the cards, until i looked again and saw the con.
  5. Or it is double bluff and he mentioned the ( small ) con to make people believe he's not a employee . . . ( twilight zone music ) :D
  6. Best answer selected by ltrazaklt.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Reviews GPUs Graphics