Pentagon's Cyber Command - cyberwarfare weapons

I do not know where on the Forum to post this and expect to get any useful discussion and answers. So I'll throw it out to other discussions here and perhaps the Mods may have an idea about finding some discussion and answers related to the topic. Please feel free to move the topic to a proper subsection of the Forum where the topic may draw some informed responses. I was hoping for some informed, educated inside information into just what the functions of the nation's Cyber Command/cyberwarfare weaponry might entail.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. must fire back against cyber attacks swiftly and strongly and should act to counter or disable a threat even when the identity of the attacker is unknown, the director of the National Security Agency told Congress.

Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander, who is the Obama administration's nominee to take on additional duties as head of the new Cyber Command, also said the U.S. should not be deterred from taking action against countries such as Iran and North Korea just because they might launch cyber attacks.

"Even with the clear understanding that we could experience damage to our infrastructure, we must be prepared to fight through in the worst case scenario," Alexander said in a Senate document obtained by The Associated Press.

My response. What? Is this going to get messy?

Full article here.

The Obama administration is planning to establish a new U.S. military command to oversee computer security and develop cyberwarfare weapons, sources say.

My question. Anyone care to expand on this idea of developing cyberwarfare weapons? Do cyberwarefare weapons include goverment contracts to companies to do the government's encription services? Also, could all this cyberwarefare talk cause the internet as we know it to change forever?

That was some good informationn Random. I was thinking 'encryption' methods. Then they toss around words like cyberwarfare weapons and Cyber Command at the Pentagon. The Georgian president's web site under 'cyberwarfare' attack is a good example and what I was looking for. The president should have disabled third party cookies and none of this would have happened.

If in doubt, nuke 'em. My motto. Kill them all and let god sort it out later.

It's Shadow! I'm getting bounced around by a bunch of 40 year old forum bullies and Shadow shows up. Disguised as Randomizer. I can see I'm going to have to take you out back behind the shed. Better, I'm going to take you back to womb! Not that I've got you there tell me just what is so bad about life that makes you imitate Random? Lack of self confidence? Low self esteem? The need to have your ears cosmetically corrected to look like part of your head and not a set of wings? Skin riddled so bad with acne when you fall asleep in the library, blind people are trying to read your face. Think back Shadow, to the womb. What's so bad? You are born again now. You are cured of your inadequacies and the need to imitate random. All your self doubts are erased. You can stop imitating Random now. I'm going to have a talk with him too.

Hey, I am am getting old. I'm 55 now. I'd like to throw this out there to all you now born again members of the forum and the Mods. I hate with a passion being labeled an addict. How's the idea of letting senior members of the form, say old men 50 and above like me and some of the others, choose their own forum name designation. Within reason of course. I could live with Master Resident of Tom's or something similar. Being designated as Sigmund Freud of Tom's hardware is better than 'addict'.

I don't know about you and your need for power. See my post above. :lol:

Well, we don't need nukes. We are still waiting for the Carter administrations middle east peace treatys to kick in.