Low profile 1gb graphics card for acer ax3950

Hello, i would like to upgrade my Acer AX3950, windows 7, intel core i3 processor 530 2.93mhz, Intel GMA hd graphics (512mb) 8gb of ram, 220watt micro/mini power supply - with a low profile (with low profile bracket) 1gb twin monitor output graphics card for this machine so i can custom up my flight simulator, please can you advise me on the best possible graphics card for this machine that will work as there is so many graphics cards out there and some will only run with i7 processors ect
15 answers Last reply
More about profile graphics card acer ax3950
  1. The best you can get is a low profile 6750 and you will need a new PSU. You will need a new PSU for any gamable gpu. That 220w psu is no good at all.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131448
  2. Thankyou for your reply, where can i get a more powerful psu (micro/mini version) as i cannot seem to find any on the web
  3. tazluti said:
    Hello, i would like to upgrade my Acer AX3950, windows 7, intel core i3 processor 530 2.93mhz, Intel GMA hd graphics (512mb) 8gb of ram, 220watt micro/mini power supply - with a low profile (with low profile bracket) 1gb twin monitor output graphics card for this machine so i can custom up my flight simulator, please can you advise me on the best possible graphics card for this machine that will work as there is so many graphics cards out there and some will only run with i7 processors ect

    Also where could i get a more powerful psu in a micro/mini version..
  4. Pyree said:
    The best you can get is a low profile 6750 and you will need a new PSU. You will need a new PSU for any gamable gpu. That 220w psu is no good at all.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131448

    Nice card! now i need to know where to get a more powerful psu, then my X-plane simulator will be in buisness!
  5. Unfortunately I don't know a good low profile psu to recommend. But I use Antec.
  6. Pyree said:
    Unfortunately I don't know a good low profile psu to recommend. But I use Antec.

    Cheers for your reply, i cannot see any low profile psu on the web either, back to the drawing board..
  7. Guys,I've got a AX3950,the PC is good but the video card sucks(nvidia geforce 315),i've got a nvidia gtx560 and it doesnt fit in the PC,because its to "mini",does anyone know where can I find a mini video card?PLEASE ANSWER
  8. Click on the link by pyree, nice card - BUT the power supply in our machines will not run the graphics card to its full, there is also a high risk of damaging the circuits in the pc if the power supply blows or shorts out, due to being over stressed, the mini psu's are only 220w, we need at least 600w. I have looked all over the web for a more powerful mini psu - AND there is'nt one out there. I am gutted! I am one day going to purchase a more powerful pc in a large case for plenty of room to expand!
  9. You can run a HD 5670 low profile if you can still find one

    I have a low pro HD 5670 in a Dell slim Desktop with a 280w psu

    but for something more powerful than that you are out of luck without a new PSU
  10. If you don't mine, you can use a standard size PSU with an open case and have the PSU sitting outside the case.
  11. You beat me with that one Pyree :)
    I was going to say that for OEM towers with strange form factors
    that the external PSU idea is workable

    look for PSUs with long wiring (read reviews)
    also consider some enclosure that is screwed down
    for saftey reasons

    I know a member on here
    who has a HD 6770 runnning on an Antec 550 in a Dell Optiplex 745 case
    not the prettiest setup but extremely functional
  12. I give up search of low profile PSU. It seems they are all Dell or HP and is very low power (175w).

    I don't get it. Why don't slim tower just use standard ATX PSU and install them side way?
  13. So OEM makers can sell more computers......
  14. I think my advice for anyone who consider an upgrade in the future for their prebuild is this:

    Make sure you get a full ATX or microATX tower.
  15. Yes i was thinking of that, by placing another case to house the psu beside the small slim pc, but it will be messy! to much going on! hence one day i want to purchase a much bigger pc with the room to expand, thankyou people for your all your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Acer Processors Intel Graphics Product