Closed Solved

Need help with a heat sink

I have an AM2+ CPU and it is taking quite a beating under load with the stock cooler/sink. I know that the best option(considering my budget) would be to purchase Cooler Master Hyper 212 but then i came across Tuniq.

Can anyone point me out which is the better option out of these two? Thank you. :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need heat sink
  1. Both are very good coolers.
    Two important factors when choosing a cooler are the width of your case and height of ram kit.
  2. You're a wise man Davcon and i think that my cabinet can very well accommodate either of these heat sinks. All i am worried about is performance. :D
  3. op get the tunic it looks good is silient and what else :)
  4. vin20 said:
    You're a wise man Davcon and i think that my cabinet can very well accommodate either of these heat sinks. All i am worried about is performance. :D

as far as performance goes both are really good. as davcon said RAM could possibly be a problem with chunky heatsinks but if you think you can fit it you would know better than me :P
    The tuniq cooler has a bit more features but the Hyper 212 is a very well proven choice also. I don't think you would be unsatisfied with either and you should pick the one based on what you like, because neither is better than the other in this case.
  5. Best answer
    Both are good.
    The Tuniq is quieter then the 212+ = both are quieter then stock.
    AMD mobos have tight spacing between cpu socket and dimms.
    212+ = 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H)
    TTex = 131(L) × 112.31(W) × 150.7(H)
    Choose wisely since the TT is much wider and will intrude on at least one dimm.
  6. Thanks for the replies, i'm going with tuniq as it seems like a better option and my Cabinet can gladly accommodate it. :)
  7. Best answer selected by vin20.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs Heat Components