Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MSI NF750-G55 Crossfire?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 12:29:48 AM

Wondering if i could run crossfire 6770s with my msi nf750-g55 motherboard. Its an nvidia chipset and says sli only, but certain motherboards have patches or some way to be able to do either. I alrdy bought the second card as it was a good deal, and if i cant use on this motherboard ill be getting a crosshair IV as soon as my friend buy the CH V.

If i attempt to even use the crossfire setup just to check, would it effect anything?
January 5, 2013 1:53:51 AM

im reading what the specs are on there page for NF750-G55 and it says nothing about crossfire so im going to say no, now don't coin me for this but I happen to understand that it doesn't support crossfire its only SLI
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 2:35:31 AM

well i tried and plugged both cards in with the bridge, and after uninstalling the drivers and then redoing the card windows loaded fine, and i read that usually sli only boards have a built in code to automatically keep reseting with 2 ati/amd gpus in the pcie slots, but havent reset, and cpu-z recognizes both gpus, but windows device manager doesnt. Have yet to do amd ccc but doing it now
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 5, 2013 2:40:44 AM

Sadly that board does not support CFX.
It uses an nvidia chipset to allow SLI.

There has been a thread already created about this at: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284401-30-crossfire-b...
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 2:54:08 AM

well windows now recognizes both gpus once amd ccc was installed and so does monitoring programs and msi afterburner. About to test if games use it or not but nothing seems to be wrong atm
m
l
January 5, 2013 2:56:55 AM

Good Luck then. :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 3:15:31 AM

Well even tho it recognizes both gpus with the crossfire profiles installed ccc doesnt allow crossfire to be turned on or off as ccc doesnt have it listed, so looks like time to wait lol
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 3:34:12 AM

Best answer selected by lazyboy947.
m
l
!