Sign in with
Your question

One short beep, doesn't boot into bios

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2013 12:30:00 AM

Hey,
Just completed a new build and after attempting to boot it up for the first time, it would boot up, all fans spinning and the fan leds on and all that jazz, but it would make one short beep and nothing would happen. According to the manual for the motherboard, one short beep means VGA detected, quick boot disabled and no keyboard detected. Well, vga detected sounds like a good thing, quick boot disabled, i have no idea what to do with that, maybe it's in the bios, though i cant get into the bios. I also got a keyboard plugged in and also a mouse. So, what to do? I have no clue. The motherboard i have is the Asus P8Z77-v LE Plus.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

More about : short beep boot bios

a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 12:44:48 AM

Gamer_Pollution said:
Hey,
Just completed a new build and after attempting to boot it up for the first time, it would boot up, all fans spinning and the fan leds on and all that jazz, but it would make one short beep and nothing would happen. According to the manual for the motherboard, one short beep means VGA detected, quick boot disabled and no keyboard detected. Well, vga detected sounds like a good thing, quick boot disabled, i have no idea what to do with that, maybe it's in the bios, though i cant get into the bios. I also got a keyboard plugged in and also a mouse. So, what to do? I have no clue. The motherboard i have is the Asus P8Z77-v LE Plus.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

gamer if you installed a gpu put the video cable on the mb onboard video port not the gpu. most new intel mb with the ipgpu sets the ipgpu as the first video device.
m
l
January 5, 2013 2:43:31 AM

smorizio said:
gamer if you installed a gpu put the video cable on the mb onboard video port not the gpu. most new intel mb with the ipgpu sets the ipgpu as the first video device.

Oh really? I thought that having a dedictaed GPU meant I should connect my moniter to it. Let me try it with the onboard video.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 2:50:26 AM

smorizio said:

nothing, just one short beep and it doesn't do anything.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 3:01:50 AM

Gamer_Pollution said:
Oh really? I thought that having a dedictaed GPU meant I should connect my moniter to it. Let me try it with the onboard video.

That's true but it's possible the motherboard isn't configured to use the discrete GPU, hence that tip to try the onboard. Have you tried to boot without the video card (pull the card out and boot with the onboard plugged in to the monitor?)
m
l
January 5, 2013 3:10:16 AM

SchizTech said:
That's true but it's possible the motherboard isn't configured to use the discrete GPU, hence that tip to try the onboard. Have you tried to boot without the video card (pull the card out and boot with the onboard plugged in to the monitor?)

Hey, I just figured out what my problem was. I just got a new monitor, the BenQ Rl20450HT or whatever its called, and I was connecting it via HDMI. I realized that the monitor doesn't auto detect the input and that it was in DVI mode, not HDMI mode. When i switched it and booted it up while connected to the iGPU, it didnt go to bios, but when I connected it to my 670, it worked.
Thanks for your help!
m
l
!