Solved

My first build!

hello everyone its my first ever computer build and Ive been doing a lot of research on what I'd fancy in my system, and i cant seen to make my mind up for the motherboard. I and looking into MSI more specifically http://www.microcenter.com/product/401769/Z77A-G41_LGA_1155_ATX_Intel_Motherboard because it has USB 3.0 and PCI 3.0 with SATA 6GB and supports crossfire "idk what that is but ill look into it" and i basically would like an opinion on what motherboard will be good for me. Im using it not only for gaming but for large file transfers "for my job" ,

any opinions on if i made a good choice or not please help me out!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. Best answer
    As long as your processor is an Intel socket 1155 'k' model, you should do fine with that motherboard.
    Crossfire-X, more commonly referred to as X-fire is the ability to use two or more AMD graphics cards together to make a more powerful graphics interface - if done with two or more NVidia cards the term used is SLI - although they work in similar manner, they should not be confused since a motherboard certified for SLI may not be certified for X-fire and vise-versa, some motherboards have support for both (not at the same time - that was tried but seems to have been a bust)
    Hope it helps
  2. okay great i did change my MOBO to ASrock because they had the DVI cable port that the other one didn't have but your a great help!
  3. Best answer selected by mopec12.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Build