Any fixed line phone with bluetooth?

Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to use
the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of any
fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....

Thanks

/Jens
9 answers Last reply
More about fixed line phone bluetooth

    Jens P wrote:

    > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to use
    > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of any
    > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....

    If you're in the US go to any Staples. The brand is Olympia.
    <http://www.soundbug-us.com>

    Can't say much for it as a phone--pairing is clumsy and sound quality is not
    always the greatest--but it does have Bluetooth.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    If you have a phone with a 2.5mm Headset KAck get the JABRA A-210 Bluetooth
    Adapter. I have used with several cordless phones and a few Headset capable
    Corded Phones EBAY for $49.99

    "Jens P" <jens.pedersenXXXX@ericsson.com> wrote in message
    > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to use
    > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of any
    > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > /Jens

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I think you can also buy them at Amazon for that price, much better than
    buying through Ebay (where you never know what you're getting).

    Do you get good reception that way? How close do you have to be to the
    corded phone to get a good connection?

    After pairing one's bluetooth headset to the A210, is the bluetooth headset
    also still paired to one's cell phone? Or can most headsets only be paired
    to one device at a time?

    I'm also thinking of

    "PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote in message
    > If you have a phone with a 2.5mm Headset KAck get the JABRA A-210
    Bluetooth
    > Adapter. I have used with several cordless phones and a few Headset
    capable
    > Corded Phones EBAY for $49.99
    >

    > "Jens P" <jens.pedersenXXXX@ericsson.com> wrote in message
    > > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to
    use
    > > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of
    any
    > > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > /Jens

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
    > Jens P wrote:
    >
    > > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to
    use
    > > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of
    any
    > > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....
    >
    > If you're in the US go to any Staples. The brand is Olympia.
    > <http://www.soundbug-us.com>
    >
    > Can't say much for it as a phone--pairing is clumsy and sound quality is
    not
    > always the greatest--but it does have Bluetooth.

    I looked on the Staples web site, and didn't see it at all. Do most Staples
    stores have it? (Usually a store's web site carries more items than are
    stocked in the store. Is this the opposite?) I looked in an Office Depot
    store today, and didn't see one. Next time I'm near a Staples I'll take a
    look there.

    I found it at a few places online, not many. The cheapest is, unusually,
    direct from the manufacturer, about $109. Easier to return though, if bought
    from a carry-home store, so I'll look in a Staples.

    One question I have about it though, as I assume you have or had one of
    these (Olympia CDP24201). With a bluetooth headset paired to this phone, if
    the phone rings, can one answer it by pressing the answer button on the BT
    headset? Or does one have to answer first from the phone handset or base?

    Also, what if the same BT headset is paired to a BT cell phone and this
    Olympia landline phone? If one of the two phone rings, will the headset
    automatically know which of the two to be connected to, and be able to
    answer the call? Later if the other phone rings, will the phone
    automatically be connected to the one ringing now?

    Thank you for the info.

    BTW, there is another landline cordless phone out now that supports BT. One
    by Uniden, ELBT585. (I see on Uniden website, another ELBT595. Looks just
    the same though, I'm not sure of the difference.) Looks much cooler, like
    a cell flip phone, and has more cell-like features. The drawback--VERY
    EXPENSIVE. I saw it at Circuit City for more than $250!!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I bought one of these last night from a Verizon booth in a Circuit City
    store, also $49. (So I certainly would not buy one for that price from Ebay,
    where it is usually non-returnable, might not be new even if advertised as
    such, etc.) I will return it soon. (Glad I didn't buy it from Ebay.)

    Does it work with the home cordless phone? Yes, it does. Not well though.

    With the first cordless phone I tried it with, the sound was terrible, with
    a lot of added noise. I tried all three switch settings, and none helped.
    With the second phone I tried it with the sound was definitely much better
    than the first, but still not good.

    Besides, not very convenient. If I use the BT headset with my cell phone,
    then the landline phone rings, and I want to use the cordless phone with
    A210 adapter to BT headset, I have to turn off BT on the cell phone, in
    order for the BT headset to connect to the A210. Later, when I wish to use
    the BT headset with the cell phone again, I have to turn off the A210. Kind
    of a hassle.

    Other options for using a BT headset with a landline phone line, although
    more expensive, might be better. Such as--the Olympia phone another poster
    mentioned, or the GN Netcom GN 6210. (No time to explain that now. Look it
    up.

    "PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote in message
    > If you have a phone with a 2.5mm Headset KAck get the JABRA A-210
    Bluetooth
    > Adapter. I have used with several cordless phones and a few Headset
    capable
    > Corded Phones EBAY for $49.99
    >

    > "Jens P" <jens.pedersenXXXX@ericsson.com> wrote in message
    > > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to
    use
    > > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of
    any
    > > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > /Jens

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Amazon has that Olympia CDP-24201 much cheaper:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028Z47E/ref=pd_sbs_e_3/002-2070308-6399261?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

    -- -
    cv

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:16:35 -0700, "MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote:

    >"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Jens P wrote:
    >>
    >> > Having a bluetooth headset is very convenient, but it would be nice to
    >use
    >> > the headset with a stationary fixed line phone as well. Do you know of
    >any
    >> > fixed line phones with bluetooth built-in ? Perferably a cheap one.....
    >>
    >> If you're in the US go to any Staples. The brand is Olympia.
    >> <http://www.soundbug-us.com>
    >>
    >> Can't say much for it as a phone--pairing is clumsy and sound quality is
    >not
    >> always the greatest--but it does have Bluetooth.
    >
    >I looked on the Staples web site, and didn't see it at all. Do most Staples
    >stores have it? (Usually a store's web site carries more items than are
    >stocked in the store. Is this the opposite?) I looked in an Office Depot
    >store today, and didn't see one. Next time I'm near a Staples I'll take a
    >look there.
    >
    >I found it at a few places online, not many. The cheapest is, unusually,
    >direct from the manufacturer, about $109. Easier to return though, if bought
    >from a carry-home store, so I'll look in a Staples.
    >
    >One question I have about it though, as I assume you have or had one of
    >these (Olympia CDP24201). With a bluetooth headset paired to this phone, if
    >the phone rings, can one answer it by pressing the answer button on the BT
    >headset? Or does one have to answer first from the phone handset or base?
    >
    >Also, what if the same BT headset is paired to a BT cell phone and this
    >Olympia landline phone? If one of the two phone rings, will the headset
    >automatically know which of the two to be connected to, and be able to
    >answer the call? Later if the other phone rings, will the phone
    >automatically be connected to the one ringing now?
    >
    >Thank you for the info.
    >
    >BTW, there is another landline cordless phone out now that supports BT. One
    >by Uniden, ELBT585. (I see on Uniden website, another ELBT595. Looks just
    >the same though, I'm not sure of the difference.) Looks much cooler, like
    >a cell flip phone, and has more cell-like features. The drawback--VERY
    >EXPENSIVE. I saw it at Circuit City for more than $250!!

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Charles Vegman wrote:

    > Amazon has that Olympia CDP-24201 much cheaper:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028Z47E/ref=pd_sbs_e_3/002-2070308-6399261?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

    Thanks for the heads up--they have extra handsets for 30 bucks as well--I
    just ordered a couple.

    > -- -
    > cv
    >

    > On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:16:35 -0700, "MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message

    >>use
    >>any
    >>>
    >>> If you're in the US go to any Staples. The brand is Olympia.
    >>> <http://www.soundbug-us.com>
    >>>
    >>> Can't say much for it as a phone--pairing is clumsy and sound quality is
    >>not
    >>> always the greatest--but it does have Bluetooth.
    >>
    >>I looked on the Staples web site, and didn't see it at all. Do most
    >>Staples stores have it? (Usually a store's web site carries more items
    >>than are stocked in the store. Is this the opposite?) I looked in an
    >>Office Depot store today, and didn't see one. Next time I'm near a Staples
    >>I'll take a look there.
    >>
    >>I found it at a few places online, not many. The cheapest is, unusually,
    >>direct from the manufacturer, about $109. Easier to return though, if
    >>bought from a carry-home store, so I'll look in a Staples.
    >>
    >>One question I have about it though, as I assume you have or had one of
    >>these (Olympia CDP24201). With a bluetooth headset paired to this phone,
    >>if the phone rings, can one answer it by pressing the answer button on the
    >>BT headset? Or does one have to answer first from the phone handset or
    >>base?
    >>
    >>Also, what if the same BT headset is paired to a BT cell phone and this
    >>Olympia landline phone? If one of the two phone rings, will the headset
    >>automatically know which of the two to be connected to, and be able to
    >>answer the call? Later if the other phone rings, will the phone
    >>automatically be connected to the one ringing now?
    >>
    >>Thank you for the info.
    >>
    >>BTW, there is another landline cordless phone out now that supports BT.
    >>One
    >>by Uniden, ELBT585. (I see on Uniden website, another ELBT595. Looks
    >>just
    >>the same though, I'm not sure of the difference.) Looks much cooler,
    >>like a cell flip phone, and has more cell-like features. The
    >>drawback--VERY EXPENSIVE. I saw it at Circuit City for more than $250!!

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message

    > Can't say much for it as a phone--pairing is clumsy and sound quality is
    not
    > always the greatest--but it does have Bluetooth.

    J.Clarke---have you been able to get your headset to pair to the Olympia at
    all?

    At Fry's Electronics last night I saw the CDP 24206. Similar to the 24201,
    but also includes a dial-up modem in base, so that one could dial up to the
    Internet via the modem in the CDP, connected to the PC via Bluetooth. (It
    seems the 24206 isn't being produced any more, as it doesn't appear on the
    Olympia web site. don't know why they discontinued it.) The price was
    $189.95, marked down from $199.95. (I think it might have been a refurb or
    customer return.) I only saw that one there, and no 24201.

    Curious to try one of these right away, I bought it. If I like it, I'll buy
    the 24201 from Amazon/Hello Direct, and return this one to Fry's. If I don't
    like it, I'll just return this one to Fry's.

    I haven't been able to get the CDP 24206 to pair with my Plantronics M2500
    BT headset at all! I followed the directions carefully--pressed the Store
    button on base and held it down until the 2nd beep, entered the passkey for
    the headset (0000) on the base station keypad. Then I put the headset into
    discoverable mode. (It was definitely in discoverable mode.) Then I pressed
    the Store button on base again to initiate the search. One could hear the
    beeps as it was searching, then finally the low-pitched beep indicating
    failure. (And the headset remained in discoverable mode--if the pairing was
    successful, it should have gone back to regular mode.)

    I tried this several times, changed the placement of the headset during this
    process, including right next to the base station on different sides. I
    reset the base station to defaults following the directions to do that,
    etc., etc. (BTW, before even starting the process, I turned off all other BT
    devices, such as the BT radio on my cell phone, just for safety's sake, so
    that the only BT devices turned on would be the headset and the CDP.)

    I tried many times, never a successful pairing. Any idea what's up? You
    write that pairing is "clumsy". Did you have to do any special tricks, not
    mentioned in the manual, to get it to pair to your headset?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Yes, I noticed that too. It's actually not direct from Amazon, but through
    "Hello Direct". On the "Hello Direct" website the price is the same $69.95.
    I don't know why they have it so much cheaper than anyone else. Perhaps they
    have some stock they wish to clear out, below their cost.

    At that price, it's really not much more than buying the A210 Jabra BT
    adapter for non-Bluetooth phones, and if these CDP phones work, sounds like
    it would be a much better option, and much cheaper than other options such
    as the GN Netcom 6210.

    > Charles Vegman wrote:
    >
    > > Amazon has that Olympia CDP-24201 much cheaper:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028Z47E/ref=pd_sbs_e_3/002-2070308-6399261?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

    > Thanks for the heads up--they have extra handsets for 30 bucks as well--I
    > just ordered a couple.
    >
    > > -- -
    > > cv
    > >

    > > On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:16:35 -0700, "MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message

    > >>use
    > >>any

    > >>not
    > >>
    > >>I looked on the Staples web site, and didn't see it at all. Do most
    > >>Staples stores have it? (Usually a store's web site carries more items
    > >>than are stocked in the store. Is this the opposite?) I looked in an
    > >>Office Depot store today, and didn't see one. Next time I'm near a
    Staples
    > >>I'll take a look there.
    > >>
    > >>I found it at a few places online, not many. The cheapest is, unusually,
    > >>direct from the manufacturer, about $109. Easier to return though, if
    > >>bought from a carry-home store, so I'll look in a Staples.
    > >>
    > >>One question I have about it though, as I assume you have or had one of
    > >>these (Olympia CDP24201). With a bluetooth headset paired to this phone,
    > >>if the phone rings, can one answer it by pressing the answer button on
    the
    > >>BT headset? Or does one have to answer first from the phone handset or
    > >>base?
    > >>
    > >>Also, what if the same BT headset is paired to a BT cell phone and this
    > >>Olympia landline phone? If one of the two phone rings, will the headset
    > >>automatically know which of the two to be connected to, and be able to
    > >>answer the call? Later if the other phone rings, will the phone
    > >>automatically be connected to the one ringing now?
    > >>
    > >>Thank you for the info.
    > >>
    > >>BTW, there is another landline cordless phone out now that supports BT.
    > >>One
    > >>by Uniden, ELBT585. (I see on Uniden website, another ELBT595. Looks
    > >>just
    > >>the same though, I'm not sure of the difference.) Looks much cooler,
    > >>like a cell flip phone, and has more cell-like features. The
    > >>drawback--VERY EXPENSIVE. I saw it at Circuit City for more than $250!!
    > >>

    > --
    > --John
    > to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    > (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)