1st time build(gaming), 6-700 dolllars

gc_sama

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hello,

I'm looking to build a PC that I can expand in the future for gaming. I probably won't do the more hardcore gaming on it until the next gen consoles come out, so more games consistently use the extra power given in PC hardware. The only games I have now on PC are older games/games that wont use much power like Mirror's Edge, Half Life 2,HL2:Episode 1 and 2, Bastion, Amnesia, The Witcher Enchanced Edition,Oblivion, and Lara Croft Guardian of Light. With that said, I'm in need of a new computer now, so I need something that would be ready to go say ~2 yrs from now if I just added a better graphics card.

Approximate Purchase Date: within 2 months

Budget Range: 6-700 before rebates (I've had problems with getting rebates in the past so I usually dont bring them into account when pricing)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing, a little pro tools voice recording(rapping)

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, OS( I have Windows 7 64-bit OEM),

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon, newegg, microcenter( I would be buying from the store in Brentwood, MO)

Parts Preferences: Cpu: Intel quad Sandy Bridge, but Im open to Amd(Ive heard that bulldozer is inferior though)

Motherboard: Whatever you deem necessary

RAM: Whatever you deem is good, 4GB is good enough for me right now

PSU: I would prefer Seasonic, but I'm open to other quality 80 Gold PSUs, or close 80 silvers

Case: I've been thinking about the Rosewill Blackhawk mid-tower

HDD: Hmm, I like the big capacity of HDDs but Ive never had an SSD. I've had an 100 GB HD since '07 and I still have 40GB left, so I dont use much space. I guess an SSD is prefrerred. If I need more space in the future then I'll just add something for storage.

Vid card: Nvidia or Amd, whichever will fit the budget range. The recommended specs for current games are pretty low anyway.

Overclocking: I will never overclock. Never

SLI or Crossfire: I will never use more than one vid card. Dont want the extra wiring, heat in the case.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some help on this.

TRENDING THREADS