Your question

Ivy bridge mobo's

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Processors
Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2013 4:20:33 AM

Hello everybody, I'm interested if ASUS P8B75-V supports Ivy bridge processors without having to flash BIOS?
The reason I'm getting B75V instead of Z77 is because I'm not planning to OC.

More about : ivy bridge mobo

January 5, 2013 5:03:21 AM

Yes but it says same thing for H61 Mobo, which needs flashing before it can support Ivy
Related resources
January 5, 2013 7:18:18 AM

Ok, I looked at the CPU support list and the motherboard will require flashing to use Ivy
Bridge processors.
Flashing a BIOS is generally relatively easy but it would be much easier to buy a Z77 motherboard.
If you are comfortable with flashing a BIOS go for the one you are looking at, otherwise a z77 board would probably be better.
January 5, 2013 7:20:06 AM

How can you tell that P8B75 Mobo will need flashing? Also I have no use for z77 Mobo.
January 5, 2013 7:21:54 AM

Actually, it depends on the version of bios the board shipped with. You can identify the four-digit bios build on a long, thin white label with a bar code that's literally on the edge of the board.

The last 4 digits of this sticker identifies the bios build (I.e. 0906) Then check the CPU support list at www.support.asus.com

So in other words: you won't know until you get the motherboard. There's a very similar thing happening that the 990FX motherboards require a flash to support Vishera chips.
!