If a graphics card takes up 2 or 2.5 slots how many slots will I have left. Should be a straight deduction from the motherboard manual but I don't know how far apart the 16x PCI slots are. Is that a standard size?
The Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti "Phantom" takes up 2.5 slots - will the MSI mobo be able to take two of them?
Alternatively I'd like maybe the MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II which takes up two, again maybe get another one at some point.
Think is I've got a XFI sound card I'd like to use in the new build and wonder if using either of the GPU's will prevent me using it (due to space restrictions)
Also in the manual it says "Due to the chipset resource deployment, the system density will only be detected up to 15+GB (not full 16GB) when each DIMM is installed with a 4GB memory module." So why do reviews say that the the MOBO can take up to 32GB of memory? Seems strange that the MOBO can do 32GB but have a restriction when using 4x4GB
Also deciding which case is not easy. Having read loads of forums on the following I'm really no clearer.
The choices on case are 650d, 800d and FT02.
650d: Pros Cheaper, better air cooling than 800d, better for water cooling
800d: Pros Same price as FT02, good for water cooling
FT02: Great for air colling
On the cases front is there really much difference in air cooling between these cases? Also, is the FT02 really so bad for water cooling?
Regards memory, does dual channel mean per dimm slot. In other words can you have dual channel with three DDR3 modules?
Also regarding memory, should I be worried about putting 16GB in as I've read some not very specific scare stories about MOBO's not liking 16GB
I appreciate there's a lot of questions here so I really appreciate anyone's help
To keep it simple:
1. When using a Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti "Phantom" can I use 2 of them with a MSI P67A-GD53 mobo.
2. With the gainward install will I be able to use my XFI soundcard.
Then same questions with the Twin Frozen:
3. When using a MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II can I use 2 of them with a MSI P67A-GD53 mobo.
4. With the MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II install will I be able to use my XFI soundcard.
5. Is the SB XFI better than the onboard sound chip of the motherboard?
6. Will 16 GB cause problems for the MSI mobo.
7. Is the 800D so bad for air cooling.
8. Is the FT02 really so bad for water cooling.
9. Is the 600D a good choice or really a poor man's 800d/FT02
and to keep a certain symmetry
10. LGA 2011 is coming, would you wait because it's due (overdue) and by waiting a couple of months I might see the price of the i5 2500k drop, get a 2011 mobo and pci express 3 board. I know the next best thing is always around the corner but I can only afford to upgrade every five years so are the new features worth the wait