• Raidmax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logisys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
The college computer club I'm in is thinking of building desktops for anyone who wants to buy them. We know power supply is one you don't want sub-par brands for so we were wondering what would be a good brand to go with as a cheep low end PSU.

We know some of the high end brands like Cooler Master and Antec are good choices but there is not that many of them in the low end area that we are looking at.

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
And yet NONE of you seem to notice that I'm talking 350-450w PSU's. How about not talking about PSU's that are powerful enough to run two of the systems we are looking at. If you can't get it in that power range for a decent price we are not interested.

As I said in the first post. We ALREADY know about the high end brands. We're just wondering if any of the cheaper options are good choices for lower end systems.

e56imfg

Distinguished

Yes I totally agree. People on the other section of forums just spit out wrong information when they obviously know nothing about the topic **cough**
Rosewill PSUs are mostly good. They bring the best price to performance ratio on their lower end models and CAPSTONE series. People can't just say that Rosewill is a bad PSU company when there really isn't any proof.

Toms has a good list of Recommended PSUs

There has been a lot of reviews saying that the CX430 makes a whine noise. Get the Rosewill 430w

Worst list i've ever seen.
Nonsense also, since Corsair and Antec offer reliable low cost units.
Newer Rosewill units are good but aren't really low cost.
I've personally used Antec Basiq and Corsair CX430V2 in low power systems with no problems.

I don't know what cave you've been dwelling in but Cooler Master has never been considered a high end brand by those that have any knowledge about power supplies.

What price range are you looking at? What are the basic specs you're wanting to power? None of us knew that you were wanting 350-450w PSUs in mind because you never gave us enough information to be able to deduce that. If you want good recommendations, then you need to provide enough information for poster to provide an informed response.

ebalong

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

You also said this in your first post:

"We know power supply is one you don't want sub-par brands for....."

Well, that line of thinking was correct. You don't want sub-par brands just to save $15 or $20, because you put all your other components at risk. If you're going to try to save money, it's going to cost you.

TRENDING THREADS