Mostly complete gaming build approx $800-900. Few questions

qwikk

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: 800-1k Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, work(java programmer remoted to a vm)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel

Overclocking: Possibly

SLI or Crossfire: See vid card

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200+

Additional Comments: I posted this build on a few other forums for critique/review, and some of the following concerns were raised, so if possible I would like some clarification.

1. "One thing I did notice is that the Mobo didn't have a Internal I/O USB 3 connector for your front panel on the case! Also if you want to OC the Processor, is good to get a Mobo that has an extra 6 pin connector to supply more power. But then you need a PSU with more PCI connectors."

2. "RAM: You MAY run into issues if you ever decide to get the other 2 sticks. even if you get the same part number."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Case(Price not included, I have this currently): Thermaltake Chasar MK-1
Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
HD:Need Suggestions, Anandtech's SSD bench left me confused (ocz has great performance but bad reviews)
GFX: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO850W I would prefer modular, any suggestions on this?
Chip: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Optical: SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA
HSF: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

Overall I am pleased, I feel as if this build is a summarization of the 100 recently created threads asking for a decently priced build. Please advise if your opinion differs!

qwikk

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

what will interfere with the cpu cooler??

qwikk

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Is that certain? The reason I ask is because it seems to be popular combo on the forums. Lots of people suggest that cooler and ram because both have great review for the price/power. Thanks for the heads up, I hope you are wrong :p Still looking for some advice on the PSU and ssd drive, as well as the questions in bold in my 1st post.

madchemist83

Distinguished
what r the questions?
pc power and cooling mk II 750W
i'm pretty sure it will interfere .. u can find actual build online and see for urself
I might be wrong
that cooler is a budget cooler .. doesn't mean it's very good .. build quality is actually not very good
try thermalright
and for the ram just get the one without tall heatsinks