Sign in with
Your question

DWL 2100AP ENCRYPTION

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 25, 2011 9:54:59 PM

Hello,
I have a pair of DWL 2100APs linked to extend wireless signal from a 2Wire router.
Works fine in open mode (the limit of my expetise), but now I have need to secure the signal. I need help with just a basic securing, the 2 wire is secured, but I can't understand the DLINK manual for setting encryption. I have tried to follow the manual instructions, but wind up resetting defaults and leaving it open. Is there a sample for what to enter during the process, or can you just tell me what to do? Thanks, Billie

More about : dwl 2100ap encryption

a b F Wireless
March 26, 2011 12:24:33 AM

How exactly have you bridged these APs? I see over a dozen wireless mode listed in the manual, from WDS to AP Repeater, and everything in between. Let’s narrow the field a bit to make things simpler.

I’m also concerned your only wireless security option may be WEP, which is not worth much anyway (only marginally better than Open).
m
l
April 4, 2011 10:27:26 PM

Eibgrad,
Thanks for the reply. I set them up as "WDS with AP". Looks to me like could use alternatves to WEP if that is no good, but I am just lost at this point. Thanks, MzBillie
m
l
!