Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build my first gaming pc 400-800

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 28, 2011 3:00:40 AM

hi i want to make my first pc, and i need your suggestion

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 week

Budget Range: 400-800

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Parts Preferences: intel cpu, nvidia gpu

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire:No

Monitor Resolution:1024x768, 1280x1024

if my budget is enough to buy gtx 5xx, intel i5 please reply
and i like to play battlefield 3

thanks
alditrip

More about : build gaming 400 800

November 28, 2011 9:03:46 AM

Anyone?
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 10:04:06 AM

$800 is enough for 2500K, yes. For you though I'd recommend a cheaper setup so you could buy a new screen. 1024 is so 1990s :lol: 
m
0
l
Related resources
November 28, 2011 10:21:06 AM

FinneousPJ said:
$800 is enough for 2500K, yes. For you though I'd recommend a cheaper setup so you could buy a new screen. 1024 is so 1990s :lol: 

If i buy 2500k can i still buy nvidia gtx 5xx? Oh yeah and new screen? :D 
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 10:24:21 AM

For $800 you can buy a 2500K and 500-series yes, but probably not a new screen. At least not a quality screen. I recommend you use $600 on the computer (not enough for 2500K), and $200 for a new screen.
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 10:50:15 AM

FinneousPJ said:
For $800 you can buy a 2500K and 500-series yes, but probably not a new screen. At least not a quality screen. I recommend you use $600 on the computer (not enough for 2500K), and $200 for a new screen.

Ok i use my old pc screen
But for $800 with 2500k and gtx 5xx I still some money left? if yes what do you recommend for ram,psu,MB and other?
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 11:00:10 AM

At this price range you´d be better off with an AMD plataform (CPU & Mobo), so you could invest some more in graphic card, and a brand new monitor.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 28, 2011 11:06:55 AM

i5-2400 + MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560ti $420
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

NZXT Elite 210 $50
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate Barracuda 500gb $70
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Intern...

Corsair CX500 + 8gb Patriot Gamer Series $82
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Asrock H61 Motherboard $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$682

Monitor
Acer Monitor 21.5 $99 (GET IT. Tomorrow it's price will be back to $140).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$782

This is the best you can buy make sure you buy the monitor for $99. If you don't make it to the monitor bundle then get a cheaper monitor.
Share
November 28, 2011 11:07:54 AM

jemm said:
At this price range you´d be better off with an AMD plataform (CPU & Mobo), so you could invest some more in graphic card, and a brand new monitor.

Its okay to use my old screen :D 

I think i will stick to intel cpu/mobo, some people say amd is quickly to overheat. Is that true?
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 11:12:57 AM

alditrip said:
Its okay to use my old screen :D 

I think i will stick to intel cpu/mobo, some people say amd is quickly to overheat. Is that true?


Get my build. O_O you won't need to be stuck with your old screen. Buy the monitor right now though. Rebates are $50
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 11:18:22 AM

Ok thanks everyone for replying i really appreciate it
and im not really like online shopping so i buy from a local pc store
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 11:18:43 AM

Best answer selected by Alditrip.
m
0
l
!