CPU question

arts

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
The processor says its running at 800 mhz and the multiplier is x4. Is it supposed to be like that? Sometimes it'll change to 2900 mhz and the multiplier would be x14. I just recently formatted my drive and installed win 7. When I was on my xp, it stayed on 2900 mhz the whole time. Is something wrong??

Here is a screen shot of cpuid.

veues.png

Solution
you probably have cool 'n' quiet, or whatever amd calls it, enabled. i'd recomend u either disable the feature in bios and cpu-z again, or run some programs and see if it moves.

if you find thats what was going on; a lot of people will say to re-enable cnq for various reasons. im personally opposed to the feature as i find that frequently it takes longer than i want it to to adjust freq. when its needed.

edit: i just read your entire post. cool'n'quiet is absolutely the culprit

phung1s

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
you probably have cool 'n' quiet, or whatever amd calls it, enabled. i'd recomend u either disable the feature in bios and cpu-z again, or run some programs and see if it moves.

if you find thats what was going on; a lot of people will say to re-enable cnq for various reasons. im personally opposed to the feature as i find that frequently it takes longer than i want it to to adjust freq. when its needed.

edit: i just read your entire post. cool'n'quiet is absolutely the culprit

Solution

arts

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I never mess with my bios though. I'm thinking its the AMD Vision control center thingy. It says my CPU speeds is between 800-2900 mhz and my power plan is on balance. I never seen this before .

arts

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Weird, i found it in bios and I disabled it. I never had to touch it until now. I read it and it said something about if I do something it would automatically disable the cool N quiet so I guess in the past I did something to trigger that. o.o Anyways thank you guys.