PC won't boot, no display.

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I installed a new CPU and added an extra set of identical RAM to my PC. After doing so it would power up, power back down and then back up again, the DIMM/RAM LED is lit a constant red. I have tried going back to my old RAM set up; tried each RAM stick (new and old) in each slot and holding MEMOK button to test them; I've reseated the CPU in case the pins were not properly in place and I've even used the CMOS switch to reset the BIOS. I'm out of ideas and need my PC up and running as soon as possible, if anybody can suggest anything else please let me know.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1
CPU: Intel i7 3770k (old CPU: i5 2500)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB @1600MHz

Those are the parts I believe to be relevant to the problem, should you need any more information I will provide it.

I put this in the Motherboards and Memory category as it is the RAM LED lighting up on the motherboard, but I'm not ruling out the CPU as the problem.

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

I have not updated the bios, how would I go about doing so when I can't get an display? Put the update on a USB or something?

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah I've got it, just didn't want to waste even more thermal paste ^^' Well I've looked around in the couple minutes before you replied and it seems the processor I've bought isn't supported on the original bios so yes I need to update. Will get onto doing this in the morning as it is late. This seems to be the solution, but I will update the thread in the morning when I've done it. Thanks for the reply.

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Put in old CPU and the PC ran as normal, bios has now been updated and I'll put the new CPU back in after I've ate.

arron94

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

Ok I have installed the new CPU again after updating my bios and all is working well. Thanks for he help and I assume the thread will be marked as solved from here.