Solved

Will a MSI N580GTX lightning Xtreme edition be able to run bf3 max

will a MSI N580GTX lightning Xtreme edition be able to run bf3 on max settings?
MY processor is an intel i5 2500 3.3ghz will this impact on the performance of the card?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will n580gtx lightning xtreme edition
  1. You should be able to run the game on max settings and the cpu will not get in the way.
  2. Best answer
    Welcome to the forum,
    you're CPU is as strong as to handle 2 580s SLI
    here are the benchmarks for BF3 from nVidia, the GTX 580 maxed it out @ 60 FPS
    http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/battlefield-3-beta-performance-guide
  3. Yes, I run two of them.

My CPU i i7 2600K running at 4.2 gig oc

The MSI LXE cards have been carefully overclocked to 950/1900/2200 and phys X assigned to the second card.

Running in performance mode via Nvidia control panel using Beta 285 software yielded a Afterburner Log of 2.1 Gig max used memory per card for a total of 4.2 during the game.

Frames is unknown as I have the temp monitor on instead. However BF3 Beta should give you alt/shift+3 for Frame rate .. I THINK...

Alpha and Beta going, now Retail soon. I hope to replace my DSL for 10 up/ 10 down Mbit fiber optic in the near future.

I also jammed a old Antec 900 fat boy 200 mm fan set on high between the hotswap drive cages/Power cable cage and resulted in the lower card being cooled down to 27 C idle and 35 C gaming while the top card shows 33 C idle and 57 C gaming.

You will lose the PCI e slot between the cards. The fans are just too big.

I am half tempted to hack together in a Metal shop a box for both the cards with fans and run a cable back to the PCIe slots ala ribbion style and keep them outside of the case.
  4. Best answer selected by sephiroth1.
  5. Beware of the 6990 Crossfire drifters. Those players will edge the LXE users out a little.

During beta I logged about 2.4 gig of 3 used on each card in some of the hottest fights. I simply established a very aggressive fan profile to stay on top of the heat. That means about 4.5 of 6 availible SLI video ram was consumed often.

One way MSI could improve the LXE is to use Copper all the way through, the fins and all. Not just the pipes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Processors Graphics MSI-Microstar