Sign in with
Your question

MSI Big Bang-XPower II Won't POST

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2013 7:56:28 PM

Hey everyone,

I got my MSI Big Bang-XPower II motherboard today, and I cannot get it to POST. I put in an Intel i7-3820 with 16GB of Corsair RAM, hooked up my Kingwin 1000W PSU and a GTX 670. When I push the power button on the board, it turns on briefly, then shuts off. When the board is off, the power button lights up like I assume it should. When I push the button, all of the board LEDs that should come on do-so for a second, then the board shuts off. I've tried two different power supplies, two different 670s, and two different kits of RAM. Does anyone know how I can get the board to POST?

Thanks in advance!
a c 478 V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 9:33:49 PM

Jswan81 said:
Hey everyone,

I got my MSI Big Bang-XPower II motherboard today, and I cannot get it to POST. I put in an Intel i7-3820 with 16GB of Corsair RAM, hooked up my Kingwin 1000W PSU and a GTX 670. When I push the power button on the board, it turns on briefly, then shuts off. When the board is off, the power button lights up like I assume it should. When I push the button, all of the board LEDs that should come on do-so for a second, then the board shuts off. I've tried two different power supplies, two different 670s, and two different kits of RAM. Does anyone know how I can get the board to POST?

Thanks in advance!

check that you have the 4/8 pin atx power plugged in and you used the pci power cable and not a 6 plus 2 video cable. on the video card make sure all the power plugs are connected. make sure mb standoff screws and standoff not shorting the mb out or the mb shorting to the bottom of the case. also check that if your using an aftermarket heat sink that if it uses a metal backplate it not shorting the mb out. the last short out point is the i/o shield fingers can tuch parts on the mb or in the usb ports.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2013 6:32:53 PM

clear cmos(reset bios) put only one stick of ram. and turn on. if its not good then:
remove ram and turn on..should make beep sound..if not then maybe the motherboard is faulty.
m
l
June 17, 2013 9:59:21 AM

Take the lithium battery out for 20 sec and put it back that shuld reset the BIOS. If that dosent work the motherbord might be dead. the Lithium battery is a silver coin located right under the bullet formed cooler on you xpower 2.
m
l
!