Anyone who has ever installed a LGA1155 CPU...

Murderotica926

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
The first time I installed my new i5 on my LGA1155 socket motherboard, I noticed the lever was difficult to push down and it made this HORRIFYING crunching sound as I pressed the lever down the secure it into place. Lifted it back up, took the CPU out to check every pin. No bent pins, everything looked perfectly normal. Re-installed the chip, made sure it sat flat and tight, and pressed the lever down again - same horrifying crunching sound. Boot up the system, everything works absolutely fine. Today I installed a new cooler and figured I would check the pins just to be completely sure I didn't break anything the first 2 times. No bent pins. Put the CPU back and of course, that SOUND again, for the 3rd time.

I'm somewhat of a paranoid person when it comes to this stuff, I still don't feel confident something isn't wrong. So I'm asking anyone who has installed an i-series Intel CPU on a LGA1155 socket, particularly from ASUS or ASRock - does anybody else hear this awful crunching sound when pressing down the lever to secure the CPU??? Is this normal???