i hav windows 7 ultimate installed in c drive nw. bt want to use windows 8 pro along wit it. anyhw i hav total 3 logical drives. bt while installing 2nd OS, it automatically selects c drive for its installation bt it already contains win7 so it l be erased. any suggestions hw to locate other drive fr installtion??
- You should only install Operating Systems onto Primary Partitions (or at least that's the most sane way to do it, and Win8 enforces it).
Your set-up is probably:
- Pri Partition, [Ext Partition(Logical Drive 1, Logical Drive 2, Logical Drive n)]
What you want is:
- Pri Partition 1, Pri Partition 2, Pri Partition 3
- You can have up to 4 primary partitions OR
- You can have up to 3 primary partitions AND ***1*** Extended Partition that can contain up to 21 Logical Drives within it.