Credible extended FACTORY warranty - does anyone offer?

Do any of the major digital camera manufacturers offer for an
additional price extended warranties beyond 1 year?

Twice I've been burned by "3rd party" warranties on digital cameras. I
am soooooo tired of paying $$$ for cameras that last <3 years and
which cost ~$200 to repair. Argh.

Talk about planned obsolescence.
2 answers Last reply
More about credible extended factory warranty offer

    Keep in mind that all extended warrantee (really insurance policies) are
    there for only one reason. They want to get your money into their pockets,
    generally by using scare tactics.

    For the most part over 50% of what you pay when you buy it goes directly
    to the salesman and the store. The remainder goes to profit of the
    insurance company, their staff (some of who work just to keep you from using
    it) and a small % actually goes to claims.

    I suggest you just put the money in the bank and be happy knowing you
    made the wise choice.

    I really love making a fuss at the check out lane when they try to sell
    me one of those.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    "Matt Alanzo" <alanzo05@emailias.com> wrote in message

    > Do any of the major digital camera manufacturers offer for an
    > additional price extended warranties beyond 1 year?
    >
    > Twice I've been burned by "3rd party" warranties on digital cameras. I
    > am soooooo tired of paying $$$ for cameras that last <3 years and
    > which cost ~$200 to repair. Argh.
    >
    > Talk about planned obsolescence.

    I'm nearing eighty and I have never purchased an extended warranty. In all
    my purchases of these types only once it would have been to my advantage to
    have the extended warranty.

    "Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Keep in mind that all extended warrantee (really insurance policies)
    > are there for only one reason. They want to get your money into their
    > pockets, generally by using scare tactics.
    >
    > For the most part over 50% of what you pay when you buy it goes
    > directly to the salesman and the store. The remainder goes to profit of
    > the insurance company, their staff (some of who work just to keep you from
    > using it) and a small % actually goes to claims.
    >
    > I suggest you just put the money in the bank and be happy knowing you
    > made the wise choice.
    >
    > I really love making a fuss at the check out lane when they try to sell
    > me one of those.
    >
    > --
    > Joseph Meehan
    >
    > Dia duit
    > "Matt Alanzo" <alanzo05@emailias.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Do any of the major digital camera manufacturers offer for an
    >> additional price extended warranties beyond 1 year?
    >>
    >> Twice I've been burned by "3rd party" warranties on digital cameras. I
    >> am soooooo tired of paying $$$ for cameras that last <3 years and
    >> which cost ~$200 to repair. Argh.
    >>
    >> Talk about planned obsolescence.

Photo Cameras Product