Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Specs:

Video Card: nVidia GTX 480
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Motherboard: Asus P8 Z68-V Pro

Okay, so I thought that my video card finally went belly up on me. The computer wouldn't start, and at POST it would play 1 long beep followed by 3 short ones. I read the manual for the motherboard, and it said that this code means "No VGA Detected." I opened the case, and the VGA LED on the motherboard would light up and stay on before the beep code. It seemed like an open and shut case.

So I took out my video card and tried the motherboard's integrated graphics. I plugged in the monitor to the motherboard's DVI out, and the same thing happened as before. The VGA LED would turn on and the beep code would play. Nothing would come up on the monitor. I unplugged the DVI and it still does the same thing. I tried clearing the CMOS using the jumpers as the manual says, but still no change.

So now I have no idea what's going on. Maybe it's the motherboard that's gone bad? I'd hate to put down for a new video card, only to have that not work and have to buy a new motherboard on top of that. I don't know why it would have a problem with no video card in the computer if there are integrated graphics too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tecnoob

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
As an update I've tried putting in a different video card, a different PSU, moving around the RAM, and resetting the CMOS by removing the battery. Nothing has changed. I'm thinking that it's the motherboard that's gone bad.