New case now system wont work

marc089

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hi, i just got a new cooler master 690 II advanced, installed everything like it was in my old case. But doesn't seem to wanna turn on, one of the LEDs is lit up on the front.

marc089

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
i checked them and there in the right place, and nothing i could see behind the mobo. the only led to light up is the lightning looking one :S. anymore ideas

G

Is everything earthed fully? And also try it with the case fully on, if you get lots of EMI (electromagnetic interference) it can be preventing it from booting by inducing currents in wires/tracks that shouldn't be...

marc089

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hi my specs are:

Corsair Gaming Series GS700
Foxconn H67MP-V mobo
asus gtx 560 ti
i5 2400
250gb HD

thats all i can remember atm.

could the psu some how of broken or something?

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Getting any Beeps / lights on?

My guess is power switch is not plugged up right. The switch on the Psu got hit somehow. Or something got fried. If fried I would still think you could get a beep or something though.

I know some of the small connectors have + and - charges and they have to be in the right place...

Have you breadboarded the system yet? Gone thru the other boot-no-video thread and checked everything in it? You have to do some troubleshooting now to figure out why your PC isn't booting properly...based on your indications, the links I provided are the best place to start that troubleshooting.

The Corsair Gaming Series PSUs are good quality and I wouldn't initially suspect it of being your issue. Could it be? Yes, but not likely. You're a lot more likely to find another issue by going thru the above troubleshooting steps...

marc089

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I've done the paper clip test for the psu and it works fine, checked the boot-no-video thread and checked a few things from it but still nothing.

gonna try the breadboarding tomorrow getting late now.

just a quick thought could it be something wrong with the cases power wire