How to increase from 1333 to 1600?

xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I have a pair of Corsair Vengeance (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B) for a total of 8gb (2X4). The packaging says that they are supposed to be @ 1600 mhz, but in my bios it shows that they are at 1333 mhz. Should I increase that to what the package specs say or should I not touch it? If so, how?

Thank you.

i5-3570k ; Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H ; Gigabyte GTX 660 OC ; Corsair GS700 700W ; Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) ; WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD ; Samsung 840 250gb SSD ; CM Storm Enforcer ; Win 7

Solution
You probably wanna leave those settings as they are because the timings are also decreased in the system default settings for ram. So turning the frequency to 1600MHz and increasing the timings will actually won't speed up your system too much the speed boost is very little.

Either way if you still wanna change it
Open bios DEL key(most probably) during the post
Open MB Intelligent Tweaker
System Memory Multiplier
Set the multiplier to 12.
In DRAM Timing Schedule chane the timings to the timings specified on your ram card.
I think the timings are 9-9-9-24.
Save by F10

Xttony

Distinguished
You probably wanna leave those settings as they are because the timings are also decreased in the system default settings for ram. So turning the frequency to 1600MHz and increasing the timings will actually won't speed up your system too much the speed boost is very little.

Either way if you still wanna change it
Open bios DEL key(most probably) during the post
Open MB Intelligent Tweaker
System Memory Multiplier
Set the multiplier to 12.
In DRAM Timing Schedule chane the timings to the timings specified on your ram card.
I think the timings are 9-9-9-24.
Save by F10

Solution