Computer purchase

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what I could expect to pay for this computer?:

Its a 2.13ghz core 2 duo processor. With a Nvidia 640mg 8800 graphic card. 4 gig of memory. Windows 7 and 120gig hard drives x2.
Has a 1000 watt power supply which is WAY more then it needs.
26 answers Last reply
More about computer purchase
  1. $250

and please don't label it as a "gaming box" on craigs list, ok?

which reminds me to cruise through the 'junkyard'.
  2. Hi :)

If you walked into one of my shops with that for sale...

We would offer you around £40 to £60 Maximum...and thats assuming its a legal copy of 7...WITH the sticker and disc...

Its a little old....lol

All the best Brett :)
  3. A friend is giving it to me since he got a new one. Just wondering what to expect as far as its ability to run games like the Crysis series, Mass Effect etc...
  4. A friend is giving it to me. I'm just wondering what to expect as far as it's ability to run games like Crysis and Mass Effect etc....
  5. jtl2901 said:
    A friend is giving it to me. I'm just wondering what to expect as far as it's ability to run games like Crysis and Mass Effect etc....

think Halo2 . . .@ low res.
  6. Never played Halo 2. Sorry, that reference doesn't help.
  7. jtl2901 said:
    Never played Halo 2. Sorry, that reference doesn't help.

OMG!

and i suppose you would have no idea about playing doom on a 386sx-66?

thats the problem with kids these days; they have no idea where PC gaming came from.
  8. Crysis? Are you out of your mind? Think of games <2005 those are the ones you can run.
  9. many you can play a geo of empires 0 many 1??? haha.
  10. amuffin said:
    Crysis? Are you out of your mind? Think of games <2005 those are the ones you can run.

lol he can run crysis, even the intel x4500 can run crysis......at 5fps max :D
    it seems like the 8800gt 640 mb can handle crysis ok at 1280x1024 or below
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_8800_gts_ee/10.htm
  11. around 180-200 its pretty dated lol
  12. jtl2901 said:
    A friend is giving it to me since he got a new one. Just wondering what to expect as far as its ability to run games like the Crysis series, Mass Effect etc...

If you are getting it for free, what have you got to lose? Just get it & if you have a small resolution monitor like 1024x768, you might just be able to get decent frame rates out of it. All you need to do is try. The fun will be less but still a good bang for what you pay for i.e. nothing...
    But if you are asked to pay for it, then I would suggest not to & just put together something new.
  13. Lol wow, thanks for all the support guys! (sarcasm)
  14. hey im sure youd rather get the truth then us say it will max crysis 1 with dx11 and texture mods at 120fps lol
  15. That's true. The guy giving it to me said it runs all the games he has on it just fine. He said you have to dumb down the graphics a little on some of them but not bad. He said it should hit about 40-50 fps. sound about right???
  16. jtl2901 said:
    Lol wow, thanks for all the support guys! (sarcasm)

well if your paying for it then personally if its good condition and has NEVER been overclocked then around £150
    plus is it a branded computer? if it is then even less
  17. It has never been overclocked and is NOT a branded computer. What is that amount in u.s. dollars???
  18. And he is giving it to me for free.
  19. jtl2901 said:
    It has never been overclocked and is NOT a branded computer. What is that amount in u.s. dollars???

well if your talking about usd then it would be cheaper than pounds since parts in us costs way less than the uk
    so i would consider between $200-$230
  20. jtl2901 said:
    And he is giving it to me for free.

then why do you want to know how much you would pay for it then?
    i would just get it, not everything's free in the world u know ;)
  21. I was just curious what kind of value we were looking at. I shipped him a computer that he bought online and it costed me about 80 bucks, instead of reimbursing me for that he is sending this computer...wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off.
  22. lol with some upgrading it would actually be a decent computer, sell ur core 2 duo(im guessing its the e6400/6420 and drop in a q6600 and same for the gpu, sell it and get something like a 5770/6770 or a 460 and you would be able to play most games at 1080p
  23. I'm not a real serious hardcore gamer (obviously), just looking to play some games that I never have before and want to make sure I won't run into any issues with it and that it's not gonna be lagging like crazy and driving me nuts.
  24. lol with a 2.13 dual core and a 8800 anything above 1280x1024 is going to lag
    and unless you use a 19' lcd or a old crt then its gonna struggle with the res of the newer widescreen monitors
    what monitor are you planning to use the system with
  25. It's just a regular 17" Dell flat screen monitor, nothin' special. By "above 1280x1024" you mean anything with numbers higher than that correct?
  26. yep games at 1280x1024 should be ok with medium settings
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers