Dell 24oo won't power up, help

Hello,
My Dell Dimension Computer won't power up when i switch on the green light stays on but nothing else happens, i can open the CD drive and i hear and see fans working at the back when i try to press power off nothing happens, its like its jammed and i have to pull out p[ower lerad at back then when i put back in it switches off but whewn i press on it does the sam,e thing and jamms up????? please help
2 answers Last reply
More about dell 24oo power help
  1. Hi!

You an try a couple of things: (in the given order)

- Reseat your RAM modules, if no joy test one by one, cycling through the available slots, or borrow known good modules to try.

***Keep in mind to disconnect the power cord and wait at least 30 seconds before you unplug or plugin your RAM and/or plugin cards!!!***

- Replace the RTC battery on the motherbard. Some MoBos don't boot if that battery is low

- Borrow a PSU if you don't have a spare and try if that helps

- Last thing - disconnect everything except RAM, monitor and keyboard from the MoBo and try if you get something on the screen. Could be plugin cards or drives (HDD,DVD,FDD?) playing up.
  2. It will be the power supply this computer is what like 7 or 8 years old. I used to work with these allot just go pick up a 250 or 300 watt power supply switch it out and go.

Thent
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Power Up Dell