Belkin dongle, how to revert to Windows original stack?

Last response: in Technologies
a b \ Driver
May 21, 2005 12:14:57 AM

Hi,

I'm helping a friend who has a Nokia 6600 and a Belkin dongle, I think
an f8t03. The phone and PC connected fine when he was using the driver
as installed by Windows XP; However, now he has installed the Widcomm
drivers that shipped on the CD included with the dongle. These drivers
seem to offer more functionality but for whatever reason, we can't get
the PC and phone to talk. Instead of fighting with this, it would be
nice to revert back to the old driver; However, when we uninstall the
Widcomm software, and then connect the dongle, the new hardware wizard
comes up and says that it can't find any drivers. Is it possible to
revert or is he hosed?

TIA,

--Al
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 25, 2005 4:05:39 PM

Yes, you can revert. Device manager / update driver / select the one used
before.