Sign in with
Your question

GTX 550 Compatibility Check

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 2, 2011 9:48:40 AM

Hey all, looking into getting a GTX 550. Just wanted to check its compatibility with my system, because I'm not entirely sure how to tell.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY:
ATI Radeon HD 5450 and Power Supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
Mobo: Asus MSQ-M4N68T-MV2
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 255 Processor, 3100Mhz
Memory: 4 GB
October 2, 2011 8:53:26 PM

Awesome, thank you for your help. Appreciate the alternate suggestion as well.
m
l
November 3, 2011 6:22:48 PM

Same specs as above, but I will be getting a new PSU. Would it be best for me to go ahead and get the GTX 550, or should I get a Radeon equivalent since my mobo/CPU are AMD? Or does it not matter?
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
November 3, 2011 11:30:41 PM

I have Two of the GTX 550 Ti's and I love them but since you have AMD everything I would keep it all in the family.
m
l
November 4, 2011 12:55:34 PM

jtoc2134 said:
Same specs as above, but I will be getting a new PSU. Would it be best for me to go ahead and get the GTX 550, or should I get a Radeon equivalent since my mobo/CPU are AMD? Or does it not matter?

It doesn't really matter whether the brands are the same or not. It matters more your budget, resolution of gaming and preferred eye-candy. Then, you find the card which fits right into your requirements. ;) 
Though, I personally, like to match the third-party brands (eg. Asus, MSI, EVGA) :D 
Serious matters:
1. With that 600W PSU, you should be able to handle most GPUs. So no worries there.
2. What is your budget for the new card considering the above statement? :) 
m
l
!