Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus and Zotac gtx 580 need help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 2, 2011 12:17:07 PM

I just bought a new zotac gtx 580 for my system, I already an asus gtx 580 dcu2 :) 
My questions are :

1. Will I have any SLI issues because of different brands ? and slightly different clocks ?
2. Does my cards too close to each other ? Will it cause extra heat? (see the pic below)

Haven't got my psu yet (out of stock)

More about : asus zotac gtx 580

a c 214 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 12:49:09 PM

Why don't you have the 6/8pin power connectors hooked up to the Zotac?

You shouldn't experience any trouble using a different brands.Although when you use a card that has higher clocks than the other card it is lowered to the card with the lower clocks so they run at the same speed.

Heat shouldn't be a problem for you.You have a full slot or two between the cards so they will breath nicely.If you are worried about the temps on the top card I would put the Asus card in the top slot since it has better cooling and can deal with the elevated temps of being a top card in SLI.

Actually I just looked at that picture again,how much space is their between the bottom card and the PSU?
Score
October 2, 2011 1:06:45 PM

purple stank said:
Why don't you have the 6/8pin power connectors hooked up to the Zotac?

You shouldn't experience any trouble using a different brands.Although when you use a card that has higher clocks than the other card it is lowered to the card with the lower clocks so they run at the same speed.

Heat shouldn't be a problem for you.You have a full slot or two between the cards so they will breath nicely.If you are worried about the temps on the top card I would put the Asus card in the top slot since it has better cooling and can deal with the elevated temps of being a top card in SLI.

Actually I just looked at that picture again,how much space is their between the bottom card and the PSU?

No power connectors because I haven't recieved the psu (delivery in 1 week)

Not much space, but I can pass my hand thru it :sarcastic: 

I called the customer support and they said that the psu will fit in :na: 
What pisses me off is why they gave me an Asus dcu2 ? I asked for normal gpu ffs... they gave the dcu2 for the price of the basic gpu.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 214 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 1:49:07 PM

You shouldn't be using the card at all if it has no power connectors.

That's a good deal.The Asus DC is a really really good aftermarket cooler.I would rather have that then a reference design.

Either way you shouldn't have any problems with heat.

What is the make/model of the PSU?

October 2, 2011 2:19:54 PM

purple stank said:
You shouldn't be using the card at all if it has no power connectors.

That's a good deal.The Asus DC is a really really good aftermarket cooler.I would rather have that then a reference design.

Either way you shouldn't have any problems with heat.

What is the make/model of the PSU?

my current psu is thermaltake grand gold x 750w
I'll be getting the Corsair hx 1000w
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 2:28:38 PM

Alright.That's a good choice.
Score
October 2, 2011 2:43:35 PM

Best answer selected by -ken-.
Score
October 2, 2011 2:43:46 PM