Will a BT adapter for non-BT cell phones also work with la..

Last response: in Technologies
Share
May 22, 2005 3:15:49 AM

Having just started to use a BT headset with my new BT phone, I really like
it's convenience. It would be nice to use it at home with my landline
cordless phone as well, that has the same size 2.5 jack as a mobile phone.

I know they sell adapters to enable non-BT cell phones to use a BT headset.
Jabra makes one, I think Motorola also, perhaps others. They never mention
in the ads the possibility of using it with a cordless phone, they just say
for non-BT cell phones.

However, both types of phones have the same size jack. The same corded
headsets work in both. Would these BT adapters with 2.5 plug work in a
landline cordless phone? Anyone tried that?

More about : adapter cell phones work

May 22, 2005 8:51:36 PM

"MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Having just started to use a BT headset with my new BT phone, I really
> like
> it's convenience. It would be nice to use it at home with my landline
> cordless phone as well, that has the same size 2.5 jack as a mobile phone.
>
> I know they sell adapters to enable non-BT cell phones to use a BT
> headset.
> Jabra makes one, I think Motorola also, perhaps others. They never mention
> in the ads the possibility of using it with a cordless phone, they just
> say
> for non-BT cell phones.
>
> However, both types of phones have the same size jack. The same corded
> headsets work in both. Would these BT adapters with 2.5 plug work in a
> landline cordless phone? Anyone tried that?

Firstly Id say "" try it ""

Secondly Id ask "" did it work ? ""

--
THANKS
RICK

May 25, 2005 2:00:28 PM

why wouldn't it? does it cost you anything to try? :o )
!