I7 2700K and ASUS P8P67 Pro problems

G

My PC won't even boot with all cores enabled. I found that it still works with 3. When I enable all four I'm getting a BSOD pointing to 0x0000009C MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I cannot even get to safe mode with 4 cores enabled. I tried Linux Live CD to find the same problem. I tested RAM, the hard drive and replaced my graphics card with an old PCI card uninstalling all nVidia drivers leaving just the CPU and motherboard as they were. I also updated the BIOS as far as it went. All 3 values of voltages from the PSU seem to be fine. It's a 1000W platinum rated PSU. The motherboard is ASUS P8P67 Pro. Can someone help me getting to the bottom of this?

Hi, I would firstly check the CPU socket for bent pins.
Did the BIOS need to be updated firstly for the CPU to work, or the board had the right BIOS? Did you notice the issue right after the installation?

G

I cannot update the board with the most recent bios as it's for rev.3 of the board and mine says 1.01. I didn't test limiting the number of cores before updating the bios. PC worked fine all the time untill it suddenly crushed on a startup and then it just kept crushing every time so I doubt it would be a bent pin.