paul33x

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello, everybody I have a new build. I have an Asus P8B75-v Motherboard with a western digital 1TB hard drive. When trying to load Win 7 it will not recognize the hard drive and the 1 time I got it to it said unallocated with 0.0 MBs on it. Ive messed with the bios changed it from IDE to AHCI and back to IDE. Used the command prompt to try and get it to load nothing seems to be working. Tried loading drivers from motherboard disc but says they are out of date and go to the website put new ones on a flash drive but when I use the flash drive the Hard drive disappears from bios. In the bios it says my Sata port 1 has 0.0GB on it but doesnt say name of Hard drive or the correct 1TB of space either

paul33x

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
It i very possible the drive is bad. That's where I'm pretty much at I didn't know it there was anything else I could try. So far I've tried several different cables that work on existing computers.. Put the new drive in an old computer and still didnt want to load. So yeah that's pretty much where I'm at with it. I've been workin on it for 3 day on and off screwin with different ideas and what not.

paul33x

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks a million! Wasn't sure if I was maybe doin something wrong or not. I appreciate your time very much. I'll be shipping this drive out and replacing it. Thank you again!