X-fi titanium on a x16 slot asus

Last response: in Components
March 1, 2012 7:44:34 PM

Hello,
I had a new desktop:

- Intel i5 2500 3,3GHZ Quad Core 6MB CACHE

- ASUS P8P67 -M

-Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 6770 VAPOR-X 1024 MB

- CORSAIR VEGANCE KIT DDR3 1600MHZ 4GB *2 (8GB TOT)

etc...

The VGA card "use" two slot and I can't use the PCIE x1 to put a X-FI Titanium. Can I use the other x16 PCI-e?
Is it only reserved to VGA?
There is some bandwith problem?

Thanks

Alessio

More about : titanium x16 slot asus

March 1, 2012 7:58:45 PM

Yes you can use the other PCIE x 16 slot. It should work no problem. That's a weak card anyways and would never saturate your PCIE x 16 slot (either of them).
Related resources
March 1, 2012 8:26:36 PM

athlondj87 said:
I had only a Video Card =) thanks for the reply.

if you read this I can't understand if my MB can use only VGA cards in the other x16 slot:

http://support.creative.com/manuals/download.aspx?nDown...

Alessio

I know you only have 1 vga card, I mentioned that you can use either PCIE slot with no problems with your video card.

And those X16 slots aren't necessarily just for Graphics card. I believe there are some RAID cards that support those PCIE x16 slots.

By the way you linked to your creative website for your sound card - it has nothing to do really with your PCIEx16 slot.

Is this your motherboard?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P6...

And is your X FI Titanium card a PCIE X1 slot?

If so....plug your graphics card on the bottom PCIE X16 slot (the black one), and plug your Sound card into the small blue PCIE x1 slot under the BIG blue PCIEX16 slot.
March 3, 2012 11:41:59 PM

Theoretically a PCIE X1 card should function fine in a PCIE X16 slot, however I owned a X FI Titanium HD sound card and got rid of it because I had to many driver issues with it. During my brief ownership of that card I spent allot of time on the Creative forums trying to troubleshoot issues and a few people reported not being able to use that card in there PCIE X16 slot. This issue is also brought up in the Newegg reviews as well.

I have no idea why this would be an issue (it shouldn't be), only that it has been reported by quite a few people. :sol: 
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 4, 2012 1:43:50 AM

athlondj87 said:
Hello,
I had a new desktop:

- Intel i5 2500 3,3GHZ Quad Core 6MB CACHE

- ASUS P8P67 -M

-Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 6770 VAPOR-X 1024 MB

- CORSAIR VEGANCE KIT DDR3 1600MHZ 4GB *2 (8GB TOT)

etc...

The VGA card "use" two slot and I can't use the PCIE x1 to put a X-FI Titanium. Can I use the otherx16 PCI-e?
Is it only reserved to VGA?
There is some bandwith problem?

Thanks

Alessio

Would it work in a x16 PCI-e = yes!
Is it a good idea = no!
Why? = it will affect the primary x16 PCI-e bandwith.(slot 1)
The PCIEX16_2 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_1 slot, PCIEX1_2 slot and USB3_34 connector
If your sound card is PCIE x1 it will work properly in one of the 3 x PCI blue slots.
!